Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Bank_Flag and Bank_Reconciled_Date Fields

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Neil Wylie
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Bank_Flag and Bank_Reconciled_Date Fields

Post by Neil Wylie » 09 Oct 2011, 17:38

Hi,
I am a Line 50 developer with some 20 years experience of writing Sage applications, but this is the first time I have come across this. I have successfully stripped and rebuilt a client's Sage data, but when I go to the bank rec screen, all transactions are shown as unreconciled. The Bank_Flag field appears in both the TransactionPost and SplitData tables, and I have tried updating it using both text and byte values without success. I have been unable to find the Bank_Reconciled_Date field in any table. Does anyone out there have any code I can copy. I am working in VB6, but will understand VB.Net.

Thanks

leyburnsolutions
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Bank_Flag and Bank_Reconciled_Date Fields

Post by leyburnsolutions » 10 Oct 2011, 06:59

The SDO exposes a set of constants (all of which are documented in the SDO help file) for the Bank_Flag that you should use. As for the reconciled date, it is not exposed at all via the SDO (even on v2012) so there is now way fo you to write to it...

John

Neil Wylie
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Neil Wylie » 20 Oct 2011, 10:20

Thanks John. I have found a workaround: I know the items outstanding on the old system, so I go to the bank rec screen in Sage, click swap to flag all items, and unflag those still outstanding.
Does it not strike you that there is considerable redundancy in Sage data structures? I would have thought that the bank_flag field should appear once only.

Neil

leyburnsolutions
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by leyburnsolutions » 20 Oct 2011, 10:35

Neil Wylie wrote:Does it not strike you that there is considerable redundancy in Sage data structures? I would have thought that the bank_flag field should appear once only.
The bank_flag really should not appear in the TransactionPost object at all as it is not possible, in Sage itself, to post a bank reconciled transaction. I believe it does appear as TransactionPost inherits the fields collection of the HeaderData object which does have that flag.

John

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 20 Oct 2011, 14:41

I think I have set the flags in the past...

They changed the values with different versions common values seem to be 0, 78, 82 as far as I can tell, you only need to set it in the headers.

The value in the splits is ignored, there is no way a split in a transaction could be reconciled and another part not so it makes no logical sense to have a flag in the split.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.