Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Help With Stock reports

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Acelamps
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

Help With Stock reports

Post by Acelamps » 10 Mar 2014, 13:21

We have recently started a new company on sage and are taking the old stock from the old company and adding this into the new company. Some of the stock has been booked in using the purchase order system without cost prices and now when I add the prices in, run the stock valuation report these products do not show up. Does anyone know how I would correct this.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Help With Stock reports

Post by brucedenney » 10 Mar 2014, 15:10

Take the stock out and put it back in.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

welshal
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by welshal » 03 Jul 2015, 10:12

Hi.

This sounds similar to a problem we're having. Some stock shows up in the products window but not in the STKTAKE(1,2&3) reports.

What's the best way to take the stock out and put it back in without losing the product's information?

Alex.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 04 Jul 2015, 09:21

Stock adjustments would only alter the last cost price.

What you can do is export the stock records, make your adjustments and then import them back to reset the last cost price.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

welshal
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by welshal » 08 Jul 2015, 11:13

Thanks for replying.

Will this take all products out and ensure that they are all then visible in the stock report?

Can this be done in practice data?

Al.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 09 Jul 2015, 06:18

I don't quite understand, or perhaps I did not explain clearly.

You need to establish why the products are in stock at the wrong price first.
Assuming it is because it was entered into stock at the wrong price, you need to take the quantity out of stock (using an adjustment out) and then put it back into stock using an adjustment in, only this time, put the correct cost price on the item when you adjust it in.

If you are familiar with CSV files, you can build a pair of stock transaction csv format files to do all the adjustments out and in and do the whole thing for thousands of products in one go. As you have only just started I guess you can do it manually as you can only have a few product transactions to rectify.