Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Anyone know how to manually reconcile transactions for VAT??

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
boatbabe
User
User

Anyone know how to manually reconcile transactions for VAT??

Post by boatbabe » 22 Jul 2006, 19:32

Hi there I am running Sage Line 50 V. 12 on Windows XP and want to know how to manually reconcile transactions for VAT, ie without going into VAT return, entering date range and clicking reconcile.

I appreciate this may seem like an odd request, the reason for this is that the transactions did not reconcile last quarter (010106-310306) (I'm sure I clicked reconcile, I definitely entered the juornal postings and the BP but the VAT is definitely not reconciled, maybe I am losing my mind?????....) Anyway, I have come to do this quarters VAT return (010406-300606) and all Jan-Mar quarters transactions are still on the report, unreconciled. Unfortunately after the March VAT return I ran the Year End, and have since posted over 2000 transactions including the Automatic Year End Journals so going back to the back up from that day, reconciling and then entering everything again is not really an option.

Oh and just to make it even more difficult all last years paperwork is at the accountant - and she is on holiday for 3 weeks (VAT return due 7/8/06!) and I have no other back up of the March return.

So my problem I can not find in the help menu the way to manually reconcile transactions for VAT. I do not have sage cover but have emailed them on the off chance they may be able to point me in the right direction. What I am dreading is that it is one of those things that Sage just will not do.

If this is the case then currently my bightest idea is to go in find all transactions dated Jan - March that were posted after the March VAT return Bank Payment, change the date to 01/04/06, reconcile the March VAT return and then change them all back again and do this quarters VAT. This wouldn't be too bad but I will have to manually contra all the Year End journals and then reenter with the old date again as I can't just change them, so will be very time consuming.

Any other ideas gratefully received. Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 25 Jul 2006, 12:34

The easy fix is to run the vat return for the SIX months period.

Deduct your last quarters vat return figures from the Sage vat report for the six months and put those figures on this quarters VAT return, reconcile all the transactions for the six months and you are done, up to date and ready for the next return.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

boatbabe
User
User

Post by boatbabe » 26 Jul 2006, 18:57

hi there thanks for your reply. When I posted the message below on Saturday eve I had no idea what my last returns figures were as all last years paperwork is at the accountants. however on Monday morning I spoke to the revenue who gave me the figures from the last return and I tried to ran a 6 monthly report, but the figures I got are totally wrong. I think it is because it is including all the year end journals, I am getting figures 4 times higher than they usually are. I'm not sure why all the year end postings are causing this though, they haven't in the past after a year end.

Luckily I have 2 more weeks to sort it out, often I don't start the return until the day before it's due...

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 26 Jul 2006, 19:18

Year end journals should have NO EFFECT.

Sage can not remove items that have not been reconciled on the VAT return, so you need to look deeper.

Does the ratio of turnover to vat seem normal?

Do the control account show the same sort of amounts?

I think you will have to dig around till you find out what is causing it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

boatbabe
User
User

Post by boatbabe » 27 Jul 2006, 10:34

yeah this is where i get stuck, do you have a support team? what would the cost be to look at this for me?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 31 Jul 2006, 09:12

Sure we can look at it for you.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/apply.htm

The cost is time dependant. The time it takes to find something depends on so many factors it is hard to say, I guess a couple of hours would find it. But it might be 20 mins.