Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Invalid procedure call or argument

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
RippleSpas

Post by RippleSpas » 04 Jun 2006, 08:03

I get the error:

Microsoft Internet Explorer

When I start the application, any ideas:?:

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 05 Jun 2006, 15:52

It sounds like an issue with Internet Explorer. Does Internet Explorer work alright?

What version of Line50 and Internet Explorer are you running?

Have you got any other browser issues, such as pop-up adverts?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

RippleSpas

Post by RippleSpas » 07 Jun 2006, 19:31

IE is fine version v6

I am running instant accounts 10.02.0023.

I have Norton Internet Security running as well.

One of the bank accounts is negative, is this known to "confuse" the sotware :?:

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Jun 2006, 08:34

I think that your problem is not the sort of issue that could be easily resolved without looking at the data.

I don't think that having an overdrawn bank would cause a problem.

I have seen this happen when entering a module, but not the application as a whole

Sage data can get corrupted and that is why there is an error checking and backup options.

You can not get into the program to run error checking now, or to restore a previous backup.

What I am going to suggest is DANGEROUS, you should only do this if you are confident you have a good backup, if you want you can zip your data up and send it to me and I can fix it for you and send it back, but there would be a charge. I would estimate £25

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/support.htm

You need to confirm that you are not using a username to log on, you just go straight in or enter a password and go in. It is at this point that the program stops.

You need to backup, you can't use the sage backup facility because you can't get into sage, so using windows explorer go to

C:\program files\sage\

(If you have upgraded or customised your installation this might be different)

There you should find a folder called ACCOUNTS this contains all the accounting program settings and data , copy the entire folder to your desktop or some other known place to keep safe as a backup.

Now go into the accounts directory

Here you will find a directory called TaskOpt go into that directory and delete the file called manager.xml

Try the program and see what happens.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

RippleSpas

Post by RippleSpas » 08 Jun 2006, 08:42

Sorry I did not make it clear, I can still get into Sage, just get the error a view times. I have moved the file you mentioned and it now seems to work, thank you so much.

What settings did the file hold, or do I just need to have a look around and make sure all looks okay still?

Thanks again for your help :D

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Jun 2006, 08:54

It hold setting for the left hand vertical menu, favourite reports and stuff like that, nothing really mission critical.

It is XML you can open the file with notepad (I suggest a backup copy) and see for yourself the settings, it is a "human" readable format. I don't suggest altering it.

RippleSpas

Post by RippleSpas » 08 Jun 2006, 09:46

Thanks again, you have been a star!