Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Incorrect VAT Code

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
RippleSpas

Incorrect VAT Code

Post by RippleSpas » 03 Jun 2006, 12:54

I have entered a Supplier invoice for Import duty and VAT charges, unfortunately I used T2 and have now paid the invoice. The transaction does not appear did my last VAT return and I did not notice :o(

I need to sort out the data so I can claim back the VAT amount, how do I do this?

I tried a nominal journal from T2 to T1 but that transferred a net amount with no VAT amount.

I tried entering a dummy receipt for T2 of the VAT amount only and a dummy payment for T1 for the same amount and that did not work.

I have run out of idas, can someone please help.

Yours hopefully :o)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 05 Jun 2006, 08:17

Reverse your original entry on the supplier account by raising a credit note, make thie a t2 credit note with the VAT on it as you did for the original invoice.

Repost the invoice correctly with T1 tax code.

If you are running cash accounting you will not be able to pay the invoice using the credit note in which case you need to do it a different way.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

RippleSpas

Post by RippleSpas » 07 Jun 2006, 19:27

Many thanks