Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Unable to connect to Data Source - Instant Accounting v6

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
magiccustard
User
User

Unable to connect to Data Source - Instant Accounting v6

Post by magiccustard » 18 Jan 2008, 15:22

Hi

I keep getting the message: 'Unable to connect to data source. Check configuration', when trying to do anything relating to a report or amend invoice.

I tried the ODBC part of going into ODBC32, Disk1 and Setup but that didn't work, it said the system file wasn't suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

Then tried from Control Panel, Admin Tools and ODBC but I couldn't see in there Sage under System DSN to check the data path.

I got the above from other help posts.

Would this not be working because I have Windows XP and installed v6 of Instant Accounting?

Grateful for any help.

Thanks

Anthony

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 Jan 2008, 16:24

what version are you on?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

magiccustard
User
User

Post by magiccustard » 24 Jan 2008, 09:03

Instant Accounting is Version 6, and have WIndows XP (Home)

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 25 Jan 2008, 09:39

the setup file in ODBC32 should work, the message you quote sounds like it comes form the ODBC folder package which is not compatible.

Could be corrupt, try running it from the CD..
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.