Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Another question! - Changes after VAT reconciled

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Emilyj
User
User

Another question! - Changes after VAT reconciled

Post by Emilyj » 02 Oct 2007, 10:55

Hi again, another question from me!

Regarding changes to a supplier invoice after a VAT reconciliation. Here are the transactons;

* Supplier invoice posted dated 6/8/07 with no VAT as the company hadn't supplied a VAT number.

* VAT reconciled

* Using file maintenance amended original invoice to add the VAT

* Realised mistake and changed the amendment to show VAT only.

* Also posted a supplier payment but this seems to have disappeared!

Now only the VAT amount is showing as outstanding and the original invoice seems to be cancelled.

I am quite worried about this due to the VAT, bit scared I have made a huge mistake :shock:

Can anyone please help?

Thanks
Emily

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 02 Oct 2007, 16:28

Why amend to show vat only!

Without knowing exactly l what has been done it is hard to answer.

Here is what you should have done, entered a credit note against the supplier to reverse out the original invoice, entered the invoice correctly.

I would not worry too much about the VAT turnover, the thing you must get right is the VAT claimed. There was no VAT on the original transaction so it didn't really matter.

Now you have a transaction with JUST vat on it. which is marked as vat reconciled or not? confused, I am.

Without precise information I would be inclined to delete the transaction and enter it correctly, yes this will mis-report the VAT turnover, but that is a minor issue.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Emilyj
User
User

Post by Emilyj » 05 Oct 2007, 09:37

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to come online for a couple of days hence the late reply.

I don't know what happened to me that day! Managed to restore a backup from Monday so just went in a did everything properly.

Thank god for regular backups!