Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

v16 installation Issues

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
HWDCoaches
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

v16 installation Issues

Post by HWDCoaches » 20 Oct 2023, 15:23

Hello,

I am wondering if you can help. We are currently using Sage line 50 version 16 updated to version 16.0.17.0158. One of the computers upon which it was installed is being replaced for a faster machine. When i try to install sage from the cd and update it to correct version I am having the following issues.

Firstly when trying updating it, the version number remains (according to add remove programs)16.0.14.147 even after installing patches Sg501600016, sagepdfupdater.exe, report designer service pack 1.3.2011.30, accounts2010_ecsl, sg501600018 and sg501600019 in that order.

Also when i try and log in either to set up new company or open demo data it is asking for a password i have tried manager and no password and several variations thereof but it just says invalid password.

I tried removing access to the network drive with the sage data on to see if that was conflicting with the install, but if it try selecting open new company it says it can't the data located on the disconnected network drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: v16 installation Issues

Post by brucedenney » 23 Oct 2023, 09:45

In my installation, I am on version 16.0.14.147

You must have got an update that none of us have anymore.

The only thing I can suggest is uninstalling all the version 16.0.17.0158 installs and reinstalling them all as 16.0.14.147
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

HWDCoaches
User
User

Post by HWDCoaches » 23 Oct 2023, 10:54

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your post. I have just checked on my machine and under About - System Information - Updates it says I have Updates 1 2 and 3 installed and my version number is 16.0.17.158 how very odd. One of the spare machines in the office doesn't have update three on it and its version is 16.0.17.156!!!

If I uninstall and re-install sage to version 16.0.14.147 will it cure the issue of the incorrect password issue and will it affect our data if that was created with version 16.0.17.158?

When I install the SAGE on a new machine I have to install in via command prompt (as administrator) will that effect the password issue or not?

Many thanks for help.

Jon

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 Oct 2023, 13:38

That suggests that your Sage is of an age that it doesn't care about the version watermarks, perhaps you can just use it as is, without the bother of reinstalling.

The difference in version numbers seems pretty insignificant.

Getting old programs to install is a right PITA there are no warranties or guarantees.

The Invalid Password issue is, I think, due to the Crypto, you should be able to circumvent that by right clicking on the program and running as administrator (you can also set the shortcut to run as administrator for day to day use)

I suggest running the new install as administrator and not worrying about the version numbers unless sage forces you to!
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

HWDCoaches
User
User

Post by HWDCoaches » 23 Oct 2023, 13:59

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for the response. I will let you know how I get on.

Jon

HWDCoaches
User
User

Post by HWDCoaches » 06 Nov 2023, 10:30

Hello Bruce,

Just a quick update on where I am at with the install.

Running as administrator has not resolve the password issue, I have tried looking for the Sage.Crypto files but no files were present in the suggested folders.

I will crack on with installing the patches in different orders to see how far I get.

Regards

Jon