Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Correct Tax Codes - Duty & VAT

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Columbia71
User
User
Sage Version: v29 UK/Europe/Africa

Correct Tax Codes - Duty & VAT

Post by Columbia71 » 23 Sep 2023, 11:40

Good Afternoon

Thank you for accepting me to this forum.

I have just started a new job where there are customers and suppliers both here in the UK and Europe.

Could I please get clarification on the correct tax codes for the following scenarios;

Work carried out in the UK but invoiced to a European customer

Invoices from Suppliers in Europe

Also, I have received a Duty and VAT invoice from a courier service for services in Ireland and Europe - how best to deal with this please - it says;
VATable total 0.00
Not VATable Total 11.12
Net 11.12
Vat 0.00
Gross 11.12

Just need clarification of the Vat code please.

Many thanks in advance :)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Correct Tax Codes - Duty & VAT

Post by brucedenney » 25 Sep 2023, 09:34

You do not want to take advice on this from the Internet. You need to consult a fully qualified professional accountant or HMRC for an answer.

In my experience, it all comes down to what needs to be shown as turnover on the VAT return.

If it needs to show as turnover and there is no VAT, then T0 will do that.

There are transactions that are "outside the scope of VAT", but the turnover still does need to be declared so T9 would not be correct.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.