Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Emailed Flag.

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
ian332isport
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

Emailed Flag.

Post by ian332isport » 17 Nov 2022, 14:57

Hi,

When sending an invoice via email, I've noticed that the 'Emailed' flag is not being set to 'Yes', if you use the 'Email' option when viewing the report templates (not sure how best to describe it. It's the list of reports/favourites you see when you select 'Print' from the top menu).

If you use the email button directly from the top menu, it correctly sets the 'Emailed' flag to 'Yes'.

Is this a known bug, or something that can be configured somewhere?

Thanks,
Ian.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Emailed Flag.

Post by brucedenney » 17 Nov 2022, 15:46

What version of Sage is this?

It is normal behaviour for V28.1
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ian332isport
User
User

Post by ian332isport » 18 Nov 2022, 13:09

brucedenney wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 15:46 What version of Sage is this?
Hi Bruce,

Currently running V28.0.226. Pretty sure it's been like this on previous versions though.

You say it's normal behaviour. Is that be design, or some sort of bug? I would expect it to update the emailed flag regardless of where the email send was triggered.

Thanks,
Ian.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 18 Nov 2022, 15:55

I think the issue is that before they did the email flag they did the printed flag and one of the issues was if you previewed an invoice it would mark it as printed.

I think that to avoid that issue they set it up this way. Personally, the flags are unreliable at best, if I saw a flag to say an invoice had been printed or emailed, I would treat that as an indicator that it may have been.

The bottom line is that what we really want is an email that flags when the recipient has got the email as well as when it was sent and we are not going to get that any time soon.

There are some hidden features in reports, like the dialogue when sending statements to update the account history, It may be that these can be configured, but it is not something that is accessible to the end user, I think you will need to work around it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ian332isport
User
User

Post by ian332isport » 21 Nov 2022, 12:26

Hi Bruce.

That makes sense.

Thanks,
Ian.