Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Help with Sage 50 Install

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Philiom
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Help with Sage 50 Install

Post by Philiom » 07 Nov 2022, 11:22

Hi, we have had a Sage 50 Accounts 2012 V18.00 (6114 on install CD) system installed on 5 computers for a few years, we have had to replace a few computers and have had trouble reinstalling on the replacement PC's, when installing onto the computers we have tried the standard and custom installs and we have had problems once installed, which of the 2 installs would be the best? Standard or Custom? when installing it asks for a directory to install to , which one do you install to bearing in mind its a networked system?
Also when installed the login box comes up, as its a new install the old passwords are not valid but when I write "MANAGER" I get "Report Designer Problem - Unable to register data source" and "Report Designer Problem - Unable to register expression library ".
What I am after is for the newly installed Sage on the replacements computers to see the data on the server computer. Would the Sage work on Win 11? I would be grateful for any help.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Help with Sage 50 Install

Post by brucedenney » 07 Nov 2022, 15:34

My advice with any software that is very old, is to do a custom install and to create a non standard folder eg c:\sage this is almost essential for version that were designed for XP and predates Windows 7

Sage should always be installed locally, once installed you connect it to a dataset that resides elsewhere on the network, however the demo data will reside locally and can be a useful tool to check your installation.

The other thing you may need to do is to install the older version of .net (.NET Framework 2.0) although I would expect the CD to have it and do it automatically. You can check if it is installed from "Windows features"
Screenshot 2022-11-07 153138.jpg
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 07 Nov 2022, 15:55

Hi Bruce, thanks for the info, will try your suggestions, Phil

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 07 Nov 2022, 16:50

Hi Bruce , I have done all you suggested and we have moved on!
Got to the update section and it said " This data was last used with version18.10.31 of Sage Accounts. You are currently on version 18.0.10.208. You must update this version of Sage Accounts before accessing the data. Would you like to check for updates now?, I clicked yes and it started to download then stopped and got this message:

An error has occurred.
The download failed. Please contact Sage Customer Services Error Code = AUSE004
URI = http://download.sage.com/secure/37/899/ ... JLYBEV6D1S
Signature = eY12/IcYCepTJEHWaUVh9Xy6eyceEpke92t4edeEmMyd0Wr6rll/G0Xl67n+WVRc3nzwSTM98n6g Amj0R1LhFNvABcF5ZJTg1eQ+othuKKPCIKZyI5b1z1BsyBnLXP7WxbHjbIFqeGBzcfLPRN8v6UjE lLAM12AiH7fjFLW8s5Y= "

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Nov 2022, 11:28

You needed to delete the watermark.xml file after you restored data/reinstalled and before you did anything else.

It may be that the upgrade did not download and you are okay, delete the watermak.xml file and see.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 08 Nov 2022, 12:07

Hi Bruce, thanks for the quick reply, would I have to uninstall and reinstall Sage then delete watermark.xml or just remove from existing installed Sage?
Would you know where it is located and is there only one watermark.xml on the whole installation? Sorry for the the questions, Regards, Phil

billswan
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by billswan » 08 Nov 2022, 13:32

Hi

I found this site useful for manual old version updates..

http://www.adeptcom.co.uk/updates.htm

Not sure which one you need for 18.10.31 though.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 08 Nov 2022, 15:35

Martin @ Adept is a good guy.

Service Pack 1 and update 5 and 6 are the ones you need. Updates 1 to 4 were superseded by Service Pack 1, I have left them in place if you want to use them instead of Service Pack 1.

The resto f the updates are a bit optional, but I would install them all just so you are as up to date as you can be.

I also have the updates available here https://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-s ... e-pack.htm

The watermark.xml file tells sage what version the data is.

In general, the data does not change much between fractional updates but changes a lot on version updates.

You can install the updates manually if sage will not download them, or delete the file if you do not want to update.

Updating is the better route.

billswan
User
User

Post by billswan » 08 Nov 2022, 16:24

Hi Bruce.. Cool, another favourite for me to save.. :D http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-su ... e-pack.htm but its a http link browser not saying secure..lol

But there is a https.. https://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-s ... e-pack.htm

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 09 Nov 2022, 14:50

Hi Bruce, I have downloaded Service Pack 1 and accounts2012updates 5 & 6 into Downloads Folder, problem is the computer wont let me open the files stating that I need to set up the computer to have access as an administrator, the only one user account has permission as a administrator, I know this part is not a Sage problem, but I am struggling to find an answer, I even tried to do it again after following these instructions from a Sage Forum:
Windows key + R, then type CMD, to run as administrator, hold down Ctrl + Shift and press Enter. Type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
A message appeared to confirm that the command completed successfully.
The administrator account should now visible when you restart the computer, this was done.
This was done but still get the same administrator issue .
Another question, when I eventually get the 3 files to be installed where does it download to?
Does it have to go into a specific area, reason I am asking is I noticed when Installing the default folder address is different from the the one you suggested, I did use the C:\Sage folder to install.
Would the downloaded Service Pack and Updates go to the suggested default one on install or the C:\Sage folder?

Thanks to Bill for his suggestions.

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 09 Nov 2022, 15:59

I have tried switching off Win Defender and removed Total AV malware software but still the same, cant open exe files, adminstrator issues.

billswan
User
User

Post by billswan » 10 Nov 2022, 08:50

Damn Windows 10 security..lol

I believe below is similar to what you are getting.

There are many steps how to try and resolve which I believe you have tried without success.

What I did for those updates is using 7zip I extracted the .exe and there was a setup. exe in there and run this without getting any blocking messages, however the update couldnt find a V18 installation. I decided to install a V18 but I got the blocked message, even extracting the Full V18 installation .exe.. haha.

Fingers crossed 7zip solution works.

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 10 Nov 2022, 13:40

OK Bill, thanks, will give it a try but off work now until 14th Nov

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 14 Nov 2022, 09:14

I downloaded and extracted Via 7 ZIP 3 files for V18 on one computer that has Win 11, now when I try to open Sage I can get to the logging in and enter user and passwords , once I have done that I get a message that I need to update, when I check for updates, pressed yes and I get another message saying that all files are up to date, click OK then nothing happens, screen goes to desktop then nothing, so we have advances a little bit but not fully there yet!

Philiom
User
User

Post by Philiom » 14 Nov 2022, 09:47

Just done a health check with Adept