Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Report on Communications

Report design issues and solutions.
LisaPD
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Report on Communications

Post by LisaPD » 07 Feb 2022, 09:23

Hi,

I am looking for a standard Report Template for the 'Communications' section within the Customer and Supplier Records.

It would be nice to be able to run a report that can be sent to excel, which shows all the communications within a date range, for all the customers and again for all the suppliers.

Is there one available?

Many thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Report on Communications

Post by brucedenney » 07 Feb 2022, 12:27

There are lots of reports! I would do it in Excel using ODBC, if I have time I might do an example for you later.

Communication by Account
Cn_ByAcc.report Grouped by customer and then the person who was contacted. >Customers>Reports>Sales contacts

Communication by Account
SN_BYACC.report Grouped by supplier and then the person who was contacted. >Suppliers>Reports>Supplier contacts

Communication by Caller and Account
Cn_ByCalAcc.report Grouped by customer and then the person who recorded the contact.
>Customers>Reports>Sales contacts

Communication by Caller and Account
SN_BYCALACC.report Grouped by supplier and then the person who recorded the contact. >Suppliers>Reports>Supplier contacts

Communication by Caller and Date
Cn_ByCalDat.report Grouped by the person who recorded the contact and then the date it is recorded on. >Customers>Reports>Sales contacts

Communication by Caller and Date
SN_BYCALDAT.report Grouped by the person who recorded the contact and then the date it is recorded on. >Suppliers>Reports>Supplier contacts

Communication Details
CN_Details.report Grouped by customer and then the ID of the recorded contact. The contact number is generated automatically, and doesn't appear anywhere in the customer record. >Customers>Reports>Sales contacts
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

LisaPD
User
User

Post by LisaPD » 07 Feb 2022, 13:02

Hi Bruce,

That would be great.

Thank you very much for the information.

Kind regards

LisaPD
User
User

Post by LisaPD » 07 Feb 2022, 13:16

Hi Bruce,

Is it possible to have what is typed in the Memo section added onto the report?

I can only see the 'Notes' box as an option on the variables, but the idea of the report is so we can see who was contacted and what was said.

Thanks

Lisa

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 07 Feb 2022, 14:39

The Memo field is not exposed as far as I know, so it would not be possible.

Attached is a spreadsheet that pulls everything out of all the associated tables and creates one big data set for customer communications, I have also done a cut down version with just some of it.
sample communication report.xlsm
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.