Need more, need help now? we offer pay-as-you-go support, no contract, tenth of an hour billing, expert help, fast service, no call queue
We can offer lower cost Sage50cloud subscriptions for customer using pay-as-you-go support or who are self-supporting.
Need integration, your shipping system, your website, your invoicing system, your crm.
Need a bespoke solution, Mini Manufacturing, Spreadsheet order import, Back to back orders.
Want web hosting, email, your own domain name, a shop, we do it all!

Recovering Access codes from Sage 11 running on XP

This forum is for Sage 50 product information, deals being offered, work around products and so forth.
pinnerite
User
User
Sage Version: V11 UK/Europe/Africa

Recovering Access codes from Sage 11 running on XP

Post by pinnerite » 02 Feb 2022, 10:56

I have a working Sage Version 11 on a virtual windows XP installed under VMware.

I want to ditch the XP running under VMware because I have moved to XP installed under VirtualBox.

Unfortunately my Sage Manual and install disk were lost during a removal last June.
Although I have a copy of the disk contents on my hard drive, I do not have a separate record of the two access codes.

Is there a way of recovering them from the running system?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Recovering Access codes from Sage 11 running on XP

Post by brucedenney » 02 Feb 2022, 11:41

Hi Pinnerite

There is no way to get the activation key on V11 you can however get the serial number from help>about

Sage should provide you with the keycode as long as you can give them the name and address that it is registered to in their records.

The alternative is to copy the file that contains the keys from your old installation to the new installation.

I have Sage V10 running under Windows 10, so not sure why you are using a VM. I am not using it in anger, but it all seems fine.

To install in windows 10 you just need to install it into a folder other than program files or program files (x86) I made a folder called ProgramFilesXP and install all old versions of software to that as that avoids the newer operating system restrictions now in place on program files and progam files (x86).

The file containing the keycodes is in the installation directory for V10. It is called sage.usr copy that into your new installation directory and you should be good to go.

Bruce
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pinnerite
User
User

Post by pinnerite » 02 Feb 2022, 14:00

That is jolly helpful. thank you.

The reasons that I still have an XP VM is that I have two 16-bit programs running on XP as well as Sage 11.
I also have a Win-10 VM running Sage V12. Sadly I am so used to compartmentalising that I won't change.

Thanks again,
Alan

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 02 Feb 2022, 14:21

16 bit those must be very old programs!
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

pinnerite
User
User

Post by pinnerite » 02 Feb 2022, 18:10

Old programs?

They were started before 2000!

But they work.

More Important, your advice worked!

Thanks again.