Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Changing a Despatch Note

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
LouiseOct
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Changing a Despatch Note

Post by LouiseOct » 01 Feb 2022, 11:51

Hello,
New to Sales Order side of Sage - I am getting on fine however I needed to amend a despatch note because my director told me 4 items were being shipped but he only delivered 1.
I managed to change the Delivery Note to read 1 despatch 3 remain but now I need to despatch the other 3. Other items were despatched on the note also.
How do I do this because the system says it is 'Full'
Many thanks for any help
Louise

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Changing a Despatch Note

Post by brucedenney » 01 Feb 2022, 12:04

Hi

You problem is that you despatched the whole order.

If you had despatched only the part of the order that was despatched then you would not be in this situation.

The way to do that in future is to use the "Amend Allocations" button, you can there change the number being despatched to the number actually despatched.

If there was enough stock to allocate the order then, one would imaging there was enough stock to ship the whole order. I suspect that you might not have stock under control yet.

How to fix it!

Well you have shipped four so there is now an invoice for four even if you hacked the despatch note to say 1. Four have been removed form stock as Sage thinks they have been shipped.

So Edit the invoice to have a quantity of 1, this fixes the invoice
Adjust back into stock 3 of the 4 items you shipped, this fixes the stock
Duplicate the original sales order to make a new one.
Alter the qty from 4 to 3 so you can now ship them when they get shipped.

It is a bit of a mess, but you are starting out so not an issue.

I hope this helps
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

LouiseOct
User
User

Post by LouiseOct » 01 Feb 2022, 12:18

Thank you!
I think I have managed to amend it.
Luckily I had only done a Delivery Note - so I was able to adjust the allocations to what was actually despatched. Which worked and I now have an amended Deliver Note to send to the customer. I then pressed 'yes' to produce the Despatch Note/Invoice.
I then went back to see if the next Delivery note to complete the order would print and it did correctly showing the 3 items with a remainder of Nil.
Glad I have found this forum and hope to visit soon.
Louise

LouiseOct
User
User

Post by LouiseOct » 01 Feb 2022, 12:21

and.. no we are not using Sage for Stock yet but that is another learning curve we need to address at some point. We are a small manufacturing company and we make bespoke items and also manufacture / ship in one day sometimes.
Thanks
louise

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 01 Feb 2022, 12:33

The Sales Order module is a great place to keep track of what is outstanding, use a filter to hide all the cancelled or completed orders and it is a great overview.

When ever you start using a new bit of sage, it is really handy to go in the demo data or practice company and run through the process and check you understand what happens.

With sales orders the stock movement happens when you ship the goods and make the invoice, but for an invoice it happens when you post the invoice to the ledger.

This means you can have 2 invoices in the invoicing module, one might have already been taken from stock but not the other.

If you don't know this you can scratch a lot of head trying to work out a discrepancy in the stock levels.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.