Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Win 10, 'You have entered an invalid password'

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Klerky
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Win 10, 'You have entered an invalid password'

Post by Klerky » 16 Nov 2021, 19:32

Hi,

64 bit Windows 10 pro on 64 bit.
Sage V2010 V16

Could not test cmopatibility checker on setup.exe, as Windows blocked the app.

Running the setup.exe via an admin elevated CMD got it to install, initially though experienced error with a 'Report Designer Problem'.

Running the 'SageEnableDotNet35.exe' patch resolved the Report Designer error on install.

After install, on first run and selecting Demo or Practice Data, I was wasked to provide User Name and Password, entering 'manager' gave: 'You have entered an invalid password' error. And could go no further.

On one occassion we could restore a data set, but again had the 'You have entered an invalid password' issue.

I checked Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 and above was enabled.

Any help appreciated.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Win 10, 'You have entered an invalid password'

Post by brucedenney » 17 Nov 2021, 10:52

Try right clicking on the shortcut to launch Sage and choose the option "run as Administrator"
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Klerky
User
User

Post by Klerky » 22 Nov 2021, 12:16

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the reply, we have tried that I'm afraid.
Any other suggestions ?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 22 Nov 2021, 12:25

It clearly is not happy, you had problems during installation by the sound of it.

Have you applied all the patches to it?

Is it version 16.0.14.147, if not you are missing an update.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Klerky
User
User

Post by Klerky » 22 Nov 2021, 12:34

Hi, looks like we are bit behind, I found these on your site:

http://files.makingithappen.co.uk/updates/V16-2010/

Looks like there are 4 .exe files relevant to the main App. should they be run in any order ?

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 22 Nov 2021, 12:43

Yes,

16 then 18 then 19. They will complain if you do them in the wrong order, the others shouldn't matter.

Klerky
User
User

Post by Klerky » 22 Nov 2021, 12:47

Ok thats great, what is the accounts2010_ecsl.exe, is that also an update or a service pack, and it goes before or after the 16, 18 and 19 ?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 22 Nov 2021, 14:51

It doesn't matter really, it is a fix for the EC Sales lists, which are obsolete now.