Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Page 1 of .....

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
neilraven
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Page 1 of .....

Post by neilraven » 24 Aug 2021, 15:30

Hi Bruce,

I use Sage 50 and am after a label that can print say 1 of 10 2 of 10 and so on.

I have the label printer for distribution and the label template i need just wanted to know if there was any kind of expression i can use.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Page 1 of .....

Post by brucedenney » 25 Aug 2021, 06:52

What is the 10 set by?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

SomeGuy
User
User

Post by SomeGuy » 26 Aug 2021, 06:19

REPORT.PAGES might be the expression you are looking for. This returns the total number of pages in the report. But as per Bruce's question it will depend somewhat on how the '10' is being determined as to whether it would be suitable or not.

neilraven
User
User

Post by neilraven » 17 Dec 2021, 13:23

Hi,

Sorry for such a late reply tpo your answers.

the 10 is determined by an expression running in teh back ground that counts items and is then divided by the space it can have a in a box

Example we sell 40 Napoli trays and there are 4 to a box so it gives me 10 boxes. I have the total number of boxes on teh label i jsut need the corrosponding 1 of 2 of 3 of

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Dec 2021, 15:28

You need to think about the data the report is based on, to print the label more than once, you need to have the data appear more than once.

The way to do that is to link it to something else so that it is returned multiple times. I don't see how you could link it to something that would repeat the correct number of times.

I think you would need to link to something that would repeat more than enough times and then use a filter on the section to stop it printing once it reached the correct number of times.

If I were doing this, then I would be using A4 sheets of labels and I would want to be able to specify which label to start at so that I don't waste labels. To do this I would forget about using the report designer. I would make an excel sheet that would pull the order from sage and build up pages of labels using formula and have the option to offset by x labels form the start of the page.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

SomeGuy
User
User

Post by SomeGuy » 20 Dec 2021, 08:00

I have played around with this kind of thing in the past and, whilst it is possible to get it to work, it is not simple/pretty so not something I would personally recommend. If you did want to try it you would have to add additional group header/footer sections to your label in Report Designer - You have to do this multiple times - enough for the maximum number of 'of X' values you will need to use. I cannot find any way to make this dynamic. Then you would apply a filter to each of these sections so it is filtered out if your variable is greater than the section number e.g.

CALCULATED_TO < 1
CALCULATED_TO < 2
etc...

You would also need to repeat all of the data in the details section in each of the footer sections you have added and suppress printing on the header sections and detail section.

As I say, whilst this can work it is a lot of effort and comes with an inherent limitation that it only works up to the maximum number of sections you have set up. So not a great option. Using Excel, or similar, as Bruce suggests would likely end up being a lot simpler.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 Dec 2021, 11:17

I have not enough time to do this properly, but attached is a spreadsheet I knocked up to show the principle.

I assumed 3 labels across and 7 down

I have not tidied up the blank labels, but the principle is there.
label report.xlsm
Login to access the files attached to this post.