Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Invoice number in full statement

Report design issues and solutions.
AnnieW
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Invoice number in full statement

Post by AnnieW » 13 Apr 2021, 14:39

Hi.

I've been trying to get the invoice number to show on a full statement next to a sales receipt entry.

On the Day Books Customer Receipt (Detailed) report, receipts are shown with the invoice number they are allocated to to the left, which uses AUDIT_USAGE.REFERENCE

I want to add something like this to my statement but can't work out what join I need to make. (I can get the transaction number but I want the actual invoice number.)

AUDIT_HEADER.TYPE = "SR" ? AUDIT_USAGE.REFERENCE + AUDIT_HEADER.DETAILS : AUDIT_HEADER.DETAILS

Is it even possible? What fields do I join to make it work? Anything I've tried just leaves the report stuck processing at '4 of 6'.

Thanks in advance,
Annie

Sage v 26.3.245.0
Windows 10 Pro (64)
Report Designer v 4.0.179.0

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Invoice number in full statement

Post by brucedenney » 13 Apr 2021, 14:50

The issue is that you are trying to link things that are not that simply linked, the Receipts could pay, 2 invoices and a credit note, so which would it show?

The answer would need to be all of them, so you would show a receipts and then the 2/4 things that it matched against. The invoice would need to show the potentially multiple payments that paid it and so on.

You could do that but it would be confusing as anything.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

AnnieW
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Re: Invoice number in full statement

Post by AnnieW » 13 Apr 2021, 15:28

Hmmm, I didn't think about it that way. More thought needed. It's only for two customers so I may just include a report with their statements.

Thanks Bruce.