Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

How do you link a new letter to Communications Page

Report design issues and solutions.
helene
User
User

How do you link a new letter to Communications Page

Post by helene » 18 Feb 2021, 16:02

SAGE 50 ACCOUNTS Version 26.2.139.0
REPORT DESIGNER Version 4.0.179.0
SBD Desktop Version 15.0.91.0

I have created a new letter to send in bulk to selected customers. How do I set this letter to link to the Communications Page for each customer automatically. I've 900 customers and don't want to have to go into each customer record individually to show that this letter has been sent to them.

Thanks

Helne

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: How do you link a new letter to Communications Page

Post by brucedenney » 18 Feb 2021, 16:51

Assuming the report is configured to record a communication, you just email them and it asks if you want to update the history.

I would check first by running a single one, because in some cases on some reports the communication update isn't enabled.

Those upgraded from earlier versions and if you start from scratch seem to have the issue, this also happens with statements.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

helene
User
User

Post by helene » 18 Feb 2021, 17:29

Thanks for your reply Bruce.

I have tested the letter and it emails ok to customers but doesn't give the option to update communications . I remember that we did have that option when sending Credit Control letters and statements.

Are you able to advise me on how to configure the letter/report to record a communication?

Thanks

Helene

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 19 Feb 2021, 11:11

There are only 2 ways to fix this.

1/ Take an existing letter that already works and do a save as and then alter it.

2/ Contact sage support and ask them to fix it.

Option 1 is quicker
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.