Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Email multiple invoices

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
victor.sales
User
User
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Email multiple invoices

Post by victor.sales » 07 Aug 2020, 18:27

Hi All,
I hope you can help. We use Sage 50 Accounts Professional.
I have generated 80+ invoices and now need to email them out.
I can go to the Invoices and Credits module and can select the range of invoices I need to email out HOWEVER:
1) when I click on "Email" Sage runs the job and I get the message "The report has successfully output to e-mail" but Sage sends ONLY the first invoice selected to Outlook?
2) Sage marked every other invoice as emailed even though the emails have not been generated?

Can you confirm it is possible to send multiple invoices (to the correct/individual customers) at the same time instead of one-by-one and how I can accomplish this?
Is my issue related to the wrong settings on the invoice template/report?

We use Office 365 and really need to be able to send out all/batch monthly invoices automatically instead of one-by-one.
Your help is appreciated.Victor

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Email multiple invoices

Post by brucedenney » 08 Aug 2020, 10:35

I can confirm you can send multiple invoices to multiple recipients.

Can you check the email you generated and see if you have multiple pages with all the invoices in one document.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

victor.sales
User
User
Sage Version: v2017 23 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by victor.sales » 08 Aug 2020, 12:25

Hi Bruce,

thank you for your prompt response.

I can confirm the email was being sent only to the first customer in the selection but the PDF being attached was made up of all 80+ pages including every other customers' invoices. OMG! I am so happy that I dropped this task yesterday.

I have been googling overnight on how to tackle this and your question made me go check the grouping settings in Report Designer -> Menu Report -> Email Settings -> Tab Email Settings - Option: "Email message should contain".

Well, mine was set as "Entire Report" which essentially consolidated all invoices in a single PDF and sent to the first customer in the selection list.

I have now amended it to be "Group 5: INVOICE.INVOICE_NUMBER" and Sage is sending the individual emails out correctly!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! Saved me hours on Monday!
Victor

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 10 Aug 2020, 09:08

Well done.

Here is my guide to emailing.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-50 ... eports.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.