Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage50 - Possible to import PAYMENT_METHOD_ID ?

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
sageNoob
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Sage50 - Possible to import PAYMENT_METHOD_ID ?

Post by sageNoob » 07 Aug 2020, 09:06

Sage UK - version 25.1.128.0

I want to import the payment method for all my customers in SALES_LEDGER. Going by the sage website, this doesn't seem possible. Looks like I'd have to use one of my analysis fields for this task... Any ideas?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Sage50 - Possible to import PAYMENT_METHOD_ID ?

Post by brucedenney » 07 Aug 2020, 09:43

Sage does not allow you to import the Payment Type

The import tool we use for our integrations can do it.

Here are all the fields in the Sales_Ledger table that you can import
https://www.makingithappen.co.uk/CI/tab ... LEDGER.htm

Just a question of economics. It costs £185 per year. Contact me if it is of interest.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 07 Aug 2020, 10:24

Oh, that is quite interesting. For now we are making do with "Trading Terms Text" field which can be imported. But if we need any further help I might give you a shout out for that software.

If you don't mind me asking, how does this integration work? It was my understanding that you cannot INSERT into Sage's internal database. I guess there is always a way huh?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 07 Aug 2020, 10:47

The tool is designed to read and extract information from a variety of files, then import and export data to & from sage, it can import into the Invoicing / Sales order / Purchase order modules, import and export BOM on products, there are a few areas where the secret internal mechanisms of sage are not exposed in the SDK so we can not do things with GRN's or GDNs, we can't alter the VAT handling of Invoices using VAT details from Delivery Addresses but other than that, we can just about do anything that you can do as a user, only automated.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 25 Aug 2020, 11:52

brucedenney wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 10:47 The tool is designed to read and extract information from a variety of files, then import and export data to & from sage, it can import into the Invoicing / Sales order / Purchase order modules, import and export BOM on products, there are a few areas where the secret internal mechanisms of sage are not exposed in the SDK so we can not do things with GRN's or GDNs, we can't alter the VAT handling of Invoices using VAT details from Delivery Addresses but other than that, we can just about do anything that you can do as a user, only automated.
How does it work? I'd like to try and make one myself - can you give me pointers on where to start? (I thought Sage only provides read-only access to their database).

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 25 Aug 2020, 12:59

You need to buy a subscription to the Sage SDO to be able to write such tools.

https://www.sage.com/en-gb/partners/ind ... 1bdf4c64dc

The tool I use costs £185 pa.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 25 Aug 2020, 14:05

Ok, I see.

We only really need to import Invoices from excel/csv. Do you think you can offer your tool/services just for that, at a lower price? Thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 25 Aug 2020, 14:15

Importing Invoices requires 3 Aspects (Customers, Stock and Invoicing) and the cost of that is £150 + VAT pa.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 25 Aug 2020, 14:18

How safe is the tool? Does it edit the files used by sage directly?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 25 Aug 2020, 14:25

It is safe, it is written using the Sage SDO so it does not write to any files itself, it makes calls to Sage written code to do that.

Would you like a trial of the full version?

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 25 Aug 2020, 14:33

brucedenney wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 14:25 It is safe, it is written using the Sage SDO so it does not write to any files itself, it makes calls to Sage written code to do that.
Sorry, I thought you didn't use SDO, judging by https://www.makingithappen.co.uk/integration.htm

Does that mean that one person can buy the SDO subscription and the end user can use their tools without buying the subscription themselves?

>Trial

I might try it tomorrow, I just have to follow the guide below right?

https://www.makingithappen.co.uk/CI/install.htm

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 25 Aug 2020, 16:03

sageNoob wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 14:33 Does that mean that one person can buy the SDO subscription and the end user can use their tools without buying the subscription themselves?
Yes

Yes, just don't bother with a code in step 5.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 26 Aug 2020, 10:25

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how much does the Sage SDO subscription usually cost? What about SDK? Can't seem to find any pricing.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 26 Aug 2020, 10:45

You need to ask Sage, there are several tiers, I think the basic one is £4,000 a year.

SDO (Sage Data Objects) are part of the SDK (software development kit) which you get as a member of the developer program.

sageNoob
User
User

Post by sageNoob » 09 Sep 2020, 08:34

brucedenney wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 14:15 Importing Invoices requires 3 Aspects (Customers, Stock and Invoicing) and the cost of that is £150 + VAT pa.
Hi I sent you a request for license via the software yesterday but it seems to have been missed? Thought I'd reach out to you on the forum.