Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Returning Highest Value Only

Report design issues and solutions.
shn7shn7
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Returning Highest Value Only

Post by shn7shn7 » 21 Apr 2020, 09:43

Hi,

I'm an absolute novice on Sage Reporting so hopefully this is a simple question with an equally simple answer.

I have a report that lists the following INVOICE and INVOICE_ITEM* fields. It has a section break on INVOICE.ACCOUNT_REF.

Date Account_Ref Name Addr1 Addr2 Addr3 Addr4 Addr5 Stock Code* Description* Invoice No Quantity

How can I output just the most recent invoice for each Account_Ref (either by INVOICE_DATE or highest INVOICE_NUMBER)? Do I need a filter? If so how should this be formatted?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Returning Highest Value Only

Post by brucedenney » 21 Apr 2020, 10:06

The footer of a section happens on the last record of the previous section.

So if you had a group of InvNumber, within the group of Account Ref, When you get to the Account Ref footer, you will be on the Last InvNumber for that Account Ref. (If the group is InvDate, then it would be the last date, but if there were 2 invoices on that day, which one would you want?)

The Details and InvNumber sections are only needed to create the structure, you can hide them.

This is not something I have tried before, so is an interesting idea.

If you have problems, I suggest you attach the report to your reply and I will take a look at it for you.

Not sure what the objective of the report is, there could be much easier ways to achieve similar.better results, could you expand on why you want this and the purpose of it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

shn7shn7
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Returning Highest Value Only

Post by shn7shn7 » 21 Apr 2020, 11:01

Excellent. Thank you for the quick and very helpful response.

That gives me exactly what I need.