Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Old Sage line 50 problems with win10 updates

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
sageslave
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Old Sage line 50 problems with win10 updates

Post by sageslave » 17 Apr 2020, 10:55

I have been having this problem for the last year with various win10 updates.

I use a fairly old version on sage (v9 line50) which generally runs very well on win 10, however after some updates it has a problem with some sub menus disappearing.
Usually its the sub menus for Bank and Financials
When you click Bank from the top bar on the sage window you get another top bar menu with New, Record, Reconcile, Payment etc, but this second menu is completely blank after some windows updates.

Up until now I have uninstalled the offending updates and uses a ms tool to stop them re-installing.

I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem, seems really strange to me that it only picks on certain menus as well.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Old Sage line 50 problems with win10 updates

Post by brucedenney » 17 Apr 2020, 11:05

I think this is the risk of running very old unsupported software.

You have had it for 17 years, you have got your moneys worth out of your investment in it, and then some more.

Perhaps it is time to buy an upgrade?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

sageslave
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by sageslave » 17 Apr 2020, 12:33

Would love to, but I cannot upgrade as I have other bespoke software which only works with v9

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 17 Apr 2020, 12:35

I might be able to reintegrate it to the new version.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.