Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Year End

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Office1
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Year End

Post by Office1 » 29 Feb 2020, 17:02

Hi,

I dont know if I've already posted this query. How do I deal with previous years transactions e.g. 2016 - 2019, which are missing invoices, BP, BR or a mix. It would take too long to enter the missing transactions. If I did a year end for each :- 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 would that be the answer to clear down the balances and have the financial year showing 2020. Or would that be madness ? Is there an alternative ?

I started with the company in Jan this year and handed this mess, I so want to put it right.

TIA

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Year End

Post by brucedenney » 02 Mar 2020, 12:43

If the previous years accounts are incomplete, then you should talk to your qualified accountant as if earnings have been misrepresented then there will be tax implications.

If the previous year are correct, just procedures not followed and items not present in bank rec etc, then there may be a view to take and simply pay tax on it rather than spend more on finding it. Again you need to talk to your accountant to workout how best to resolve the issue.

If there are only a few transactions, then you could put them in this year as part of the brought forward balance by entering them now.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.