Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Multiple Line Import on an Invoice Report

Report design issues and solutions.
AnnieVic
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Multiple Line Import on an Invoice Report

Post by AnnieVic » 20 Feb 2020, 15:56

Good afternoon,

Hopefully, this is the last query I have concerning a report that Bruce kindly helped me with a week or so ago.

The report is for a csv file to import to a courier app for International customs information. The part I am having a problem with is Expr17 on the attached copy of the layout.

Customs require what they cal PRD information individually for each item on the invoice

It must contain:

Standard Identifier = PRD
Product Code
Commodity Code
Unit Weight
Parcel No (ie which parcel the product is in, if multiples are being despatched - I have set the default to 1 as we never send more than 1 parcel overseas)
Product Description
Item of Origin
Qty
Unit Value

They also need it to be delimited

Expr17 currently looks like this - it works, but only creates it for the last product line on the invoice

INVOICE.NOTES_2 in ("Y","y")? "PRD" +"|"+ INVOICE_ITEM.STOCK_CODE +"|"+STOCK.INTRASTAT_COMM_CODE +"|"+STOCK.UNIT_WEIGHT +"|"+"1" +"|"+INVOICE_ITEM.DESCRIPTION +"|"+STOCK.COUNTRY_CODE_OF_ORIGIN +"|"+INVOICE_ITEM.QUANTITY +"|"+INVOICE_ITEM.NET_AMOUNT : ""

It works: Produces this in the csv

PRD|CAL-CERT|90259000|0|1|CAL CERT AT|GB|1|35

The problem is it only creates details for the last product line on the invoice

So my questions are- how do I get it to do it for all products on the invoice and is the above expression a load of tosh when it comes to making something delimited.

Your help is so very much appreciated.

Ann
Login to access the files attached to this post.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Multiple Line Import on an Invoice Report

Post by brucedenney » 21 Feb 2020, 15:15

You may need to do it in the details section, this will give you 1 line per item.

Or you need to inspect it at the detail level and build up a string with multiple codes in it.

Do they allow multiple lines of PRD information in their import?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.