Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Matching Incoming Bank Transactions to a Credit Note

For some reason the powers that be in Sage have decided to us Sage 50 as a name for lots of different accounting systems and this has led to a lot of confusion.

The UK version is sold in UK Eire, Malta, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

It does get used in other parts of the world (eg China France) but it is not actively marketed.

This forum is for questions relating to the non UK versions.
smithdj5
User
User
Sage Version: US Sage 50 Version (Peachtree)

Matching Incoming Bank Transactions to a Credit Note

Post by smithdj5 » 30 Dec 2019, 08:28

hi,

In banking I have my "bank accounts" linked to the actual bank accounts so that transactions are downloaded automatically. I then use the "Match" feature to match each "real life" bank transaction to an item in SAGE.

This is normally great and convenient BUT - I issued one Customer with a sales credit note (SCN) and the customer reduced the next due invoice payment by the amount of the credit note.

What I want to do is to "match" the reduced invoice payment in the "Incoming Bank Transactions" to the original invoice AND the sales credit note. The problem is that I can't make the sales credit note appear in the list of transactions that can be selected to match against the payment. There is a search option (see below screen shot) and credit notes is an option to search for but even when I select credit notes I can not make it bring up the credit note !

Any suggestions please ? I am sure somebody must have had the same situation where a credit note has been "paid" by the customer deducting the amount of the credit note for a payment due against an invoice.
Capture.JPG
Login to access the files attached to this post.