Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Invoice Totals only on customer statements

Report design issues and solutions.
smitch
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Invoice Totals only on customer statements

Post by smitch » 11 Dec 2019, 09:48

Hi Bruce,

Using Sage 50 v24 on a Windows 10 desktop.

I'm a newbie on this site so please excuse me if this question has been asked before - I'm a new Sage user with no real knowledge of their report designer design.

I use the import function to bring in all customer invoice detail from a Shopify store with the Shopify invoice number going into the reference field in Sage. There can be multiple lines of detail against one invoice number.

When I run customer statements in Sage I get all the invoice detail, when all I want is the invoice total only. I'm probably missing something very simple but don't want to mess something up in Report designer. Can you help or point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Invoice Totals only on customer statements

Post by brucedenney » 11 Dec 2019, 10:44

The problem is with the Sage import program.

If you want it to import correctly, I can supply a 3rd party program to do it, the cost is £185 per year.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

smitch
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by smitch » 11 Dec 2019, 11:22

Thanks Bruce - that does sound strange to me - the import works fine (i use a csv format) - I use audit trail transactions, the mapping works and all the detail is there. Thanks for the offer.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 11 Dec 2019, 11:38

If you look at transaction in sage you will see they are in the form of a header record and then multiple splits, this is so a transaction can be split across different VAT codes and/or different nominal codes.

If you enter an invoice using batch entry, then each consecutive line that has the same inv ref and the same date and the same account, gets made into a single header with a split for each line. When you go to pay it in the bank, it appears as a single transaction (you only see the header)

If you import the same transaction from a file using the import routine it makes a separate invoice for each line each with just one split, so when you do a statement or pay it in the bank it appears as multiple lines.

The third party tool, behaves like the user interface and groups transactions under a header.

If you wanted to, you can import the orders into the invoicing module or Sales order processing if you are on Pro, and process them in Sage, this would still need the third party tool, but it would give you more in sage.

I have done a couple shopify integrations with Sage, these download the data from an ftp server and post the orders straight into sage as invoices or sales orders. This is done using the Data Export plugin https://apps.shopify.com/data-export configured to to drop the data into an ftp server. I don't know much about the plugin as I was not involved in that part, but from what I have seen it looks pretty easy to setup.

So if you want an even better/tighter integration it is not that much more to do.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.