Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Too many item lines on each invoice page before going to the next

Report design issues and solutions.
Ruddybrilliant
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Too many item lines on each invoice page before going to the next

Post by Ruddybrilliant » 04 Apr 2019, 12:13

Hi

Hope someone can help.

I am trying to create an invoice in report designer. The problem I have is that when the invoice is printed there are too many item lines on one page before it goes to the next. At the moment there are about 20 lines per page and the last couple of these lines are in the bottom part of the invoice where the invoice totals are. We are printing onto SE04 paper, so would like the keep the lines within the boxes on the paper.

Is there an easy way to limit the amount of item lines per page?

Thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Too many item lines on each invoice page before going to the next

Post by brucedenney » 04 Apr 2019, 13:44

Hi Ruddybrilliant

This may sound counter intuitive but bear with me.

The amount of space "in the middle" of the page is not adjustable, but the amount of space used at the top i.e. how far down the middle repeating lines starts and the amount of space at the bottom i.e. how far up the bottom section goes are.

So to shrink the space in the middle, you make the bottom section larger, then move everything in the bottom section down so it is the same distance from the bottom as it was and there is white space above.

This will limit the area in the middle that the line will print on.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Ruddybrilliant
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Too many item lines on each invoice page before going to the next

Post by Ruddybrilliant » 04 Apr 2019, 14:24

Success! Thank you very much for your help.