Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

ODBC configuration

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Louise

ODBC configuration

Post by Louise » 07 May 2006, 20:51

Please can anyone help, I'm not a trained Sage user but have managed to put my partners accounts in Sage and am trying to do his year end. My problem is, when I try to run a report on Financials I get the message "Unable to connect to data source. Check configuration" and I'm just about tearing my hair out searching for help on the net. I have run my year end - is this anything to do with it?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 08 May 2006, 09:02

I don't think the year end has any thing to do with it.

The problem is almost certainly to do with the drivers for ODBC not installing properly.

I suspect you have been unable to run any reports and this is just the first time.

You need to reinstall the ODBC drivers, these are in a folder called ODBC32 in the sage program folder.

I am modern installation you can do this by cuting and pasting the following command into the windows "run" box

C:\Program Files\Sage\Accounts\ODBC32\Disk1\setup.exe

Using windows explorer you can also drill down to the program and double click it. Especially if you have and upgraded installation with the program located in a different place such as C:\SFW C:\Line50

You can find your program path in sage
Help>About>System Information>Directories>Program Directory

The path is normally impossible to see because it is too long (or the window is too small), however hold your mouse over the value for a few moments and a tool tip will pop up which you can read.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Louise

ODBC configuration

Post by Louise » 08 May 2006, 18:23

I have just tried installing again and that doesn't work, I think I have the wrong settings in the data sources (ODBC) window. There are several different tabs and I don't know where the paths should be configured to. The cut and paste path you gave me was where it should be. :(

Post by Guest » 08 May 2006, 18:48

Re-installing did not fix the problem -- or -- you couldn't reinstall

Louise

ODBC configuration

Post by Louise » 08 May 2006, 20:13

Sorry, I meant reinstalling didn't fix the problem. When you install does that set the paths in the ODBC or do you do it manually?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 16 May 2006, 09:57

Sage does not need any settings in the ODBC configuration. It just works. (well it should normally). Re installing the ODBC drivers manually should do it.

Have you had other versions of Sage installed on this PC?

What version of Sage are you running?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.