Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Checklist

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
N1chola
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Checklist

Post by N1chola » 16 Mar 2017, 13:01

Hi,
I am currently wanting to put all of our accounts onto Sage software. Currently everything is done manually. Does anyone have a checklist of what needs to be entered onto the system just so as I do not miss anything. I am also doing this mid year.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Checklist

Post by brucedenney » 16 Mar 2017, 15:16

For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

N1chola
User
User

Post by N1chola » 16 Mar 2017, 19:21

Thank you for the information provided. I cannot see a subject for entering the vat that we have already paid.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 16 Mar 2017, 22:17

Because the vat already paid has been accounted for in your old system you do not want to account for it a second time in the new system so all the opening balances on customers and suppliers are gross amounts.

If you are part way through a vat period then you would work out the vat on what was entered in the old system run a return in sage and add the two together for the first return.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

N1chola
User
User

Post by N1chola » 17 Mar 2017, 13:24

Now I am confused. At the end of the year I want the new computerised software to show the accounts for the whole year which rather than having half on paper and half on the computer. Would it be better if I just put everything on computer from the beginning of year.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 17 Mar 2017, 21:44

If you want everything in sage for the whole year then you need to enter everything for the whole year.

Nichola
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Nichola » 18 Mar 2017, 12:46

If I wanted to save time how would I enter our sales purchases vat and bank for the previous months or is this not possible.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 20 Mar 2017, 12:45

You could enter opening balances and not bother recording any of the individual invoices and refer back to the previous system for the details. But you already said you want the VAT history so you need the whole history, so you need to enter it all.

N1chola
User
User

Post by N1chola » 20 Mar 2017, 14:09

Thanks for the information.