Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

allocating stock by cost price

This is the place for commercial postings, looking for work, got an extension to promote or whatever, you can do it here.
daz9643
User
User

Post by daz9643 » 15 May 2007, 10:08

I know line 50 works by FIFO when allocating stock and also when you run a stock valuation it works out the average cost price. I've looked at various add-ons and most people say its not possible to hold stock and allocate stock by the cost price.
Does anyone know of an add-on that can do this ? If not, can anyone suggest an alternative accounts package that does everything that line 50 does plus this option ?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 May 2007, 11:38

Line 50 does not works on the actual cost price of items based on FIFO.

It is unclear what you are looking to do, or what the issue you are trying to address is.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

daz9643
User
User

Stock valuation

Post by daz9643 » 21 Feb 2008, 15:28

We need to be able to value our stock by batches. If we receive 100 plugs at £1 each and then we recieve another 100 plugs at £2 each we want to be able to allocate the stock we bought in at £2 to an order before we allocate the £1 stock. We need a report which shows 100 plugs with an average buy price of £1 and another line showing 100 plugs with an average buy price of £2, we do not want one line showing 200 plugs with an average buy price of £1.50. Hope this make sense.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 01 Apr 2008, 14:06

You could set up multiple product codes one for each batch.

PART001-B01 Plugs
PART001-B02 Plugs
PART001-B03 Plugs

You then sell the different products to customers, the only oddity would be that occasionally you would get 2 or more batches assigned to one order so someone ordering 100 of an item might get

25 of PART001-B01 Plugs
75 of PART001-B02 Plugs

-----------------------

Sage works on a FIFO basis, there is no way to change that, the cost of the goods is written on to the invoice when the goods leave stock.

I guess using "tools", it might be possible to change the order in which things are used. The stock transactions are not really very editable through the UI so not sure how you would identify / pick stock even so.

Unless you had simple rules, like always use the most expensive stock first, or are prepared to spend some serious money, I don't really hold out a lot of hope.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

daz9643
User
User

Post by daz9643 » 01 Apr 2008, 14:14

hi, thats how we do it at the moment but it makes it a bit more difficult to check what stock you have available for a particular part as you have to check each record. Some of our products have more than 10 different buy prices.

daz9643
User
User

Re: allocating stock by cost price

Post by daz9643 » 21 Aug 2012, 09:53

I don't suppose this issue has been addressed by later versions of Sage ?
I notice the thread has had over 3500 views so i can't be the only person who wants to be able to do this.

leyburnsolutions
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by leyburnsolutions » 25 Aug 2012, 20:35

It has not changed in later versions.

John

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 27 Aug 2012, 07:32

The method of counting page views is pretty lame. If you set auto refresh every 5 seconds on your browser and leave it pointing at the topic, it will get the page count to 3500 in under 5 hours.

I doubt many people have stock that has multiple wildly varying cost prices, even if you could allocate a specific cost price you would not be able to identify which item it was when it came to shipping it.

I do not understand why you would want to pick the cost of the stock to use. The cost of the items is the cost of the items, a pick and choose system, could lead to financails being unrepresentative of the actual. I can understand wanting to average out the stock price, but can see no justifiable reason to pick the cost price when you sell an item.

daz9643
User
User

Post by daz9643 » 27 Aug 2012, 10:13

Hi Bruce, it's not so much that we want to allocate stock at a certain buy price to an order, it's because we have to report to our franchise partners how much stock we are holding and at what price we paid. If our franchise partners did not want this information then it wouldn't be issue.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Aug 2012, 11:27

I don't see anything that should stop you being able to report what stock holding you have and how much you paid for it.

The stock valuation report(s) do that already (in different ways).

If you need a detailed version that itemises each batch, see attached
Login to access the files attached to this post.

sam500600
User
User
Sage Version: v2011 17 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by sam500600 » 29 Aug 2013, 15:01

brucedenney wrote: If you need a detailed version that itemises each batch, see attached
Hi Bruce,
I am using sage 50 Accounts Professional 2011 v17.0.15.208.
In my reports section I can not see Product detail report,
Where can I find Detailed Product Valuation report ?
Pls can you give me

Thanks,
Sam

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 03 Sep 2013, 16:33

The report attached earlier does not exist in Sage 50. It is a report I wrote/modified.

sam500600
User
User

Post by sam500600 » 06 Sep 2013, 16:20

brucedenney wrote:The report attached earlier does not exist in Sage 50. It is a report I wrote/modified.
Please can I get srt file

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Sep 2013, 09:57

it is not an srt file it was written with the new report designer for V2007 and later so is a .report file and will not work with versions before V2007
It was written against V2012 data but I can't see anything in it that would make it not work with earlier versions.
Let me know if you have any issues with it.
Login to access the files attached to this post.

sam500600
User
User

Post by sam500600 » 12 Sep 2013, 11:13

Thanks Bruce,

in this report is it possible to further get breakdown of USED quantity of individual record ?
means running balance after each sales transaction of balance goods.