Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Treatment of Goods sold at auction

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
Chunky&Co

Treatment of Goods sold at auction

Post by Chunky&Co » 10 May 2007, 15:48

Hi My boss has sold some products in auction, he's given me a recipt from the auctioneer which says that out "lots" are marked "M" and are within the auctioneers VAT margin.

hammer price was £1341. VAT £214.56. £Chq we received is 1141.28.

My quetion is do we now have to PAY VAT too as a sale to the auction house or create a sales invoice using the gross slaes amount sold at auction?

Many thanks for you time.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 23 May 2007, 12:42

Not sure about this, where does your VAT figure of £214.56 come from?

The financial transactions that I would expect to happen where the margin scheme is used:- you sell the goods to the auction house, they then sell them on. They charge VAT to the buyer on their margin, you account for VAT on your sale to the Auction house.

The VAT figure you quote doesn't make any sense to me!

Does this help?

More info here

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... e=document
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.