Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Installing on a new pc not reponding

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Neil

Installing on a new pc not reponding

Post by Neil » 27 Apr 2006, 22:53

I have installed Sage Line 50 on anew machine in our office as the user which has local admin rights. This all installs ine and configures the same as the only other working pc in our office. Now though t just goes not responding then eventually the login box comes up but it says incorrect password even thouh this account orks fine elsewhere. If you login as domain admin on this pc it all works fine. i know this sounds like permissions but a user loging into sage with domain admin rights again does not work when the c is logged in as the user....

Please help....

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 02 May 2006, 09:41

I think this is a known issue V10 of Line 50

There is a service pack that fixes this issue, you should find that the user who's logon was used to install line 50 should be able to work fine, everyone else, you see your symptoms.

The problem relates to a crypto key that the program creates in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
the key is given Creator Only rights which results in the symptoms that you are seeing.

The following should fix your installation.

Check you can view all files and hidden files

Check simple file sharing is off in the view options of windows explorer

Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" and give all users full
access and refresh the security options and untick inheritable
permissions and tick reset permissions on all child objects. Then under
the ownership tab make sure the owner is set to include the
administrators group and if the local user is not in the administrators
group add the local user to the owner list and tick the replace owner on
subcontainers and objects box.

Link to service pack.
http://www.sage.co.uk/updates/Line50.asp?id=v10
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.