Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Adding comment field

Report design issues and solutions.
dairbear01
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Adding comment field

Post by dairbear01 » 05 Mar 2015, 11:05

Hi. I'd like to add the comment fields (from invoice input) to the Customer Activity Detailed report as this would greatly reduce my amount of admin time but I am having difficulty finding the relevant information in report designer.
Could someone point me in the right direction, if indeed this could be achieved?
Thank you.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Adding comment field

Post by brucedenney » 05 Mar 2015, 11:16

The items in the audit trail which is the basis for the Customer Activity Detailed report includes things such as the payments received from Customers and these do not have associated invoices so they can never be linked, you could however, create a conditional link to the invoice.

The next part would be linking the items, this is much harder, because the description is the only thing passed through when you updated the ledgers, in theory it is possible to link the description as it appears in the audit trail to the description on the invoice, but I think it may be beyond the join limitations of the report designer.

You could do probably it in Excel, where having links within links (joins on joins) is not such an issue.

I would not be surprised to find it did or didn't work, certainly if the description on the invoice was altered after if had been updated to the ledger it would not, nor would it work if you had multiple occurrences of the same item but other than that it could.

Maybe you could have something else to get a similar result?

If you have the time to try it, you could have a go and see if it works.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

dairbear01
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Adding comment field

Post by dairbear01 » 05 Mar 2015, 11:32

Thank you for your reply. I'll set some time aside later to see what I can/cant get to work!