Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

finding a document when reconciling

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
marlow
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

finding a document when reconciling

Post by marlow » 02 Oct 2014, 08:08

Hello
I am doing a bank reconciliation. I can see 'PI2013' say on the list and want to see what it is. In other packages I can click on it and 'goto' the PI but in SAGE I'm completely stumped!

How can I , in general, quickly find a PI PP etc from reconciliation screen ?

Thanks in advance!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: finding a document when reconciling

Post by brucedenney » 02 Oct 2014, 11:15

There will be no purchase invoices on the reconciliation screen, because invoices are not on the bank.

The type of transaction is not shown on the bank statement so is not really very relevant when reconciling, you should just look for the matching item.
If you have entered data into sage in a strange order then, using the sort option to sort by date can be helpful.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

marlow
User
User

Post by marlow » 02 Oct 2014, 11:53

Thank you for your kind reply. I am sorry, that was not a good example! I should have said a customer receipt or supplier payment so PA or PP for example. My problem is that I want to 'click-through' the item on the reconcile list and explore further but I cannot so I need a quick way to be bale to locate it simply by the transaction identifier.

Does that now make sense?

Many thanks in advance.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 02 Oct 2014, 14:52

Why?

What is it you hope to find out about the transaction that is not displayed on the screen already?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

marlow
User
User

Post by marlow » 02 Oct 2014, 18:11

Hi

say I am reconciling the bank and I can see a PP that is not on my bank statement. I suspect I've screwed up and wish to take a look at the Supplier activity (right now rather than just leave it unselected and move on- simply because that's what I choose to do!) to see which PI it is paying i.e. I wish to do some analysis to resolve something. That information is not available on the reconcile screen so normally I'd navigate to Supplier/activity and look up the PP and I'd see the PI it was settling right? E.g. heresy though it is I could do this easily in Quickbooks just by clicking on the PP)

Well I'd rather there was a quicker way to locate that information by simply doing a find/search on it and immediately be able to see that info- thus saving me a few clicks and eye work

That's what I'm looking for.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 03 Oct 2014, 10:04

So what you want to do is investigate why the item has not appeared on the bank statement.

Knowing what invoice it paid is not really going to help you understand why it is not on the bank statement.

Possible causes...

You have put it on the wrong bank account - if this is the case you will find it missing on the bank account that it was put on when you go to reconcile that bank account, you might go to post it (as it is missing) and find the invoice already paid, look to see what paid it and realise the transaction is on a but against the wrong bank account, join up the dots and correct the entry

You have posted it in sage but not actually made the payment.

The supplier is late banking the cheque or the cheque got lost in the post for real for once.

It will turn up or it will get to be "old".
I would wait till it is "old" and only then look to find out why.

marlow
User
User

Post by marlow » 04 Oct 2014, 10:21

No sorry that is not it. It is not an accounting question- but thanks for your help. It is a usability question about SAGE. Please forget any accounting context , as we are getting tied up in knots here- sorry.

I simply wish to know if there is a way I can 'drill down' into any item the reconcile page - that's it- nothing more? Please don't ask me why - assume I just want to do it for efficiency reasons.

Only reason I am asking this is not because I cannot reconcile something. It is because I have used many other systems where you can do this and I cannot find a way in SAGE , as I am new to SAGE, not accounting.

I would imagine you would be able to either a) click on something and drill down to more info, or b) use a find/search widget to do same but I cannot find either feature and it is driving me mad :)

Does that help?

Many thanks in advance.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 06 Oct 2014, 08:44

The way to do it would be to look at the activity on the account.

The bank rec is specifically for reconciling the bank and does not offer that functionality.