Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Proforma SOP

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
ronnieg
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Proforma SOP

Post by ronnieg » 19 Aug 2014, 11:57

I have a problem with converting/completing a proforma SOP.

I created a sales quotation for a customer. We got the order so I converted the quotation. I have my settings set to convert quotations to sales orders and this is usually what happens, but in this case the quotation status changed to 'won' but the type changed to proforma SOP.

I didn't notice this until I had run through my usual order shortfall routine to generate a purchase order and booked in stock, then allocated.

I now have a sales order type 'pro' allocated 'full' that I can't despatch or convert to an invoice.

I have two questions:

Why did the quote convert to a proforma SOP?
How do I get it to despatch and generate an invoice?

Ron

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Proforma SOP

Post by brucedenney » 20 Aug 2014, 09:30

I think this is a "Known Feature" you are describing, the box is greyed out and you can not change it.

Well actually you can, you just need to know that sage didn't disable the drop down for every method possible, they missed one, (this loophole maybe how it got changed in the first place).

To activate the box, place your mouse over the field and then use your scroll wheel up/down, and the box will magically come back to life.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

ronnieg
User
User
Sage Version: v2010 16 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by ronnieg » 20 Aug 2014, 11:15

Thanks Bruce.

I had to open the 'order' a few times before the magic happened, but it worked.

Any idea why it converted from a 'quotation' to a 'pro-forma' in the first place? I've checked my settings and it's set to convert to a sales order.

Ron

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 20 Aug 2014, 14:31

No idea, perhaps someone rolled the mouse over it after it was converted or whilst it was a quote and changed it to a proforma?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.