Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Changing part number

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
jimbell
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Changing part number

Post by jimbell » 08 Jan 2014, 16:46

We have an active part number that needs to be changed
It ends CP-E & needs to be CE-P
We have a lot of in process activity against the code
Is there a feature available that will allow us to change the part number rather than create a new one & move all live activities
Any help much appreciated :)

billshankley
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Changing part number

Post by billshankley » 08 Jan 2014, 17:10

As far as I'm aware you cannot change a stock code after it has been created. You could though set up a new part and import the transaction history from the old stock code.

Hope that helps.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 09 Jan 2014, 09:50

I can do it for you.

I would need a list of codes old/new and your data.

It typically takes half an hour to an hour to do this sort of thing, it depends on the amount of data we have to change.

Give me a call if you want.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jimbell
User
User

Post by jimbell » 09 Jan 2014, 13:04

Hi Bruce
There is not much information to change over, so we could do it ourselves really
My reason for wanting to "change" the part number is so there are no redundant DO NOT USE numbers in the system
It often creates opportunities for future mistakes
Would your solution achieve this
Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 09 Jan 2014, 13:47

If you want to hide the obsolete parts, then I would suggest you set up an "Obsolete Parts" product category.
You then use a search in the products module Where "Stock Category" is not "Obsolete Parts" and they are hidden from view, users can't see them unless they change the search.
This will be useful when you clear the stock history as you can select the obsolete parts with a search and delete them all (apart from the ones with stock history)
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

jimbell
User
User

Post by jimbell » 13 Jan 2014, 16:29

Thanks for the help Bruce
That works well!