Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Supplier has taken overpayment via DD -

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
alanr

Supplier has taken overpayment via DD -

Post by alanr » 24 Apr 2006, 10:37

Supplier has taken overpayment and owes us £38.28. Having updated the supplier account to show a negative balance for this amount, we are now having difficulty in reconciliing this now we have received the funds back into our account. How shold this be posted in Sage?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 24 Apr 2006, 16:26

There are two ways to do this...

You can reverse the original payment using the supplier cheque return option in tools>write off refund return...

And then make a corrected payment.

This would work but doesn't really reflect the transactions that took place.

-----------------------------------------------
My preference is to do it manually.

Step 1

I would raise an invoice Tax Code T9 to the mis-postings account (checking the balance is zero on the account before I started) for £38.28 with a description of "Returned over payment".

Step 2

I raise a bank receipt for the £38.28 against the mis-postings account (and then check the balance has gone back to zero. this check I haven't entered different amounts by accident in the two transactions)

Step 3

Do a zero value supplier payment to match the invoice against the overpayment on the supplier account.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.