Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Bank default tax code

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
AC32
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Bank default tax code

Post by AC32 » 06 Sep 2013, 15:34

cannot find where to change this for manual bank payments and receipts, not cash transactions. Version 18.1.0.20

Anyone help?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Bank default tax code

Post by brucedenney » 09 Sep 2013, 17:43

The default tax code of bank transactions is always T9 (outside the scope of VAT) as the VAT is accounted for on the invoices they pay.

There is an exception to this which is when you use VAT Cash accounting, in this case the VAT is accounted for when paid or received. In this case the Tax code is set to match the items that you pay.

If you make a payment on account on cash accounting it does offer you the choice to set the tax code, if it doesn't match the invoice though, you will not be able to reconcile the items.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

leyburnsolutions
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by leyburnsolutions » 09 Sep 2013, 17:48

brucedenney wrote:The default tax code of bank transactions is always T9 (outside the scope of VAT) as the VAT is accounted for on the invoices they pay.

There is an exception to this which is when you use VAT Cash accounting, in this case the VAT is accounted for when paid or received. In this case the Tax code is set to match the items that you pay.

If you make a payment on account on cash accounting it does offer you the choice to set the tax code, if it doesn't match the invoice though, you will not be able to reconcile the items.
Surely that only applies to Sales Receipts and Purchase Payments, not Bank Payments and Bank Receipts as per the OP which, I believe, take their default tax codes from the Customer & Supplier Defaults...

John

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Sep 2013, 09:49

Thanks John

I must read the questions better.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

AC32
User
User

Post by AC32 » 12 Sep 2013, 14:57

So, I am not a customer or a supplier and cash accounting is not in use. Where do you change the default tax code???

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 13 Sep 2013, 09:21

Settings>Customer Defaults>Std Tax code
for bank receipts and
Settings>Supplier Defaults>Std Tax code
for bank payments

AC32
User
User

Post by AC32 » 26 Sep 2013, 14:31

thank you