Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Invoicing and statements to clients

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
meshsupplies
User
User
Sage Version: v2012 18 UK/Europe/Africa

Invoicing and statements to clients

Post by meshsupplies » 29 Aug 2013, 07:31

Hi

Is there a way to send invoices / statements to clients without having to compare names against list I have created in excel

Currently when I am sending either invoice/statements out to clients I compare list in excel to see if client will accept e-mails or requires them posting out.
Some clients say will except invoices via e-mail and statements via post.

Is there a setting or way to tell sage in clients file or somewhere else which clients like them e-mailed and which ones want them posting?

Current comparing list in sage and excel takes a lot of extra time must be an easier solution!

cheers

Neil

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Invoicing and statements to clients

Post by brucedenney » 03 Sep 2013, 09:17

Yes!

There are lots of ways to do this.

First of all, invoices by email are fully legal and you are under no obligation to provide paper invoices.

What I would do is to make 2 copies of your invoice layout.
One would be for printing (perhaps using a service such as PDQit to save time, money and hassle)
The other for emailing.

You need to have a field set up to identify who does or does not get emailed invoices.

There is a tick field in Sage called SEND_INVOICES_ELECTRONICALLY this would seem a good choice.
In one copy you filter for that filed to be true and in the other for it to be false.

You print all the invoices to Printer, it skips all the ones that will be emailed
You print all the invoices to email, it skips all the ones that will be printed.

You could use the email address, if it is blank then print, otherwise send as email.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

AirfilProPack
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by AirfilProPack » 06 Sep 2013, 14:07

Is it then possible to automatically record this in the customer communications tab? We have a lot of customers who state that they have not received their invoices by email, and that's why they have not paid the account. From the invoice list we can see if he invoice has been printed or emailed by the 'yes' in the relevant column, but if we could record this against the communications tab with a date / time / user it would really help!
Airfil Protective Packaging Ltd - For all your packaging needs

www.airfil.com

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 09 Sep 2013, 17:39

You can't record the sending of an invoice in the communication history in Sage
however it would be in your sent mail of you use outlook or gmail or other smtp mail service provider that keeps copies of outgoing mail.

There will always be customers who don't get the invoice whatever method you use to send it to them.
You will need to speak to them and have them white list your email address in their spam filter, send the mail make sure it gets through, you can them send them statements every week once they are overdue and keep prodding them, hopefully they will pay you rather than have to keep getting statement emails form you, but you may still have to call them, impose statutory late payment penalties and so on.

(I use late payment penalties on any late customers as far as I am concerned, they can pay the costs of having to chase them or they can go and be a pain somewhere else, but I am rather fortunate in not being short of work.)
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

AirfilProPack
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by AirfilProPack » 11 Sep 2013, 08:41

Kind of gone off point there, the issue isn't with debt collecting but as an audit trail. Our business is located at various sites, and Goods control at one location are responsible for emailing invoices and dispatch notices to customers, whilst our accounts department are at another location, and our credit insurers are a third party. The accounts department / credit insurers don't have access to the Goods Control mail box, and the credit insurers receive a copy of our sage back up, weekly. They are the ones asking if the communications history can record this to provide a more accurate picture for there needs. Never mind we'll continue to try to remember to do a manual record!
Airfil Protective Packaging Ltd - For all your packaging needs

www.airfil.com

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Sep 2013, 09:10

You could post it to the wish list if you like. Sage might implement it in future.

http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-su ... h-list.htm