Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

.CSV to .SGT

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
AM Insulations
User
User
Sage Version: v2016 22 UK/Europe/Africa

.CSV to .SGT

Post by AM Insulations » 19 Aug 2013, 10:39

Hello,

we are currently dealing with a large supplier who proccesses huge ammounts of purchase invoices.
They have offered to send us electronic files which can be uploaded to Sage through the recall option when putting invoices on
what i want to know is, how do i create .SGT files?

our version is Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2010 16.00.17.0154

Thanks

Jack Rhoden

A&M Energy Solutions Ltd

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: .CSV to .SGT

Post by brucedenney » 19 Aug 2013, 15:02

It sounded like they were going to send these files to you, not the other way around so not sure why you would want to make them, maybe I have the wrong end of the stick.

The general term for this sort of thing is "EDI" (Electronic Document Interchange).

Sage has built in support for one type of EDI they call it T Mail, it is actually the BASDA eBiz xml specification. http://www.basda.org/standards/ebis-xml/

If these .sgt files contain basda e-biz format xml data than you can load them into sage via t-mail, you can configure t-mail to read them out of emails, or directories, it can also send purchase orders to the supplier.

If not then you will need to buy a third party add on to sage to do it for you.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.