Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Rebuild data including sales invoices

Bookkeeping and Management Accounting help does not have to be specific to the use of Sage 50
suffolk lady
User
User
Sage Version: v2008 14 UK/Europe/Africa

Rebuild data including sales invoices

Post by suffolk lady » 10 Jul 2013, 05:55

I used to be a bookkeeper (now retired) & have been asked to help someone sort out their Sage data. There are so many wrong entries through the bank that I have suggested re-building the data but I can't remember how to keep the info we need. We would like to retain the Customer Sales invoices and credits as these have been created correctly on Sage & there are hundreds of them. If we can retain these it will not take too long to enter other information manually. What csv files do I need to save for a rebuild? Thanks.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Rebuild data including sales invoices

Post by brucedenney » 10 Jul 2013, 11:01

Not sure entirely what you are looking to do but, you can export audit trail transactions using the report in the financails section.

You could then filter that report in a spreadsheet to extract just the SI and SC transactions and save them back to a file.

You can then use the rebuild option to remove all the transactions in the audit trail

You can then import all the invoices and credit note using import.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

suffolk lady
User
User

Post by suffolk lady » 10 Jul 2013, 15:10

Thanks very much for your prompt response. I am trying to re-do (almost from scratch) a set of Sage data as the previous bookkeeper was not posting entries correctly and there were too many errors to go through corrections and revise them all. However they did correctly produce the customer invoices on Sage and it is these I would like to keep, posted to the Customer accounts. I will then re-key all receipts, purchases etc.

I know how to rebuild the data, keeping Customer & Supplier names but this does not include any transactions. There is also an option to retain invoices and these all appear in: Customers > Invoice list BUT....they are all flagged as posted and are not on the Customer Accounts. If only I could unflag them, then post them all, that would be what I am looking to do.

I tried your suggestion of the Audit Trail report – I used: Financial Reports > Miscellaneous Reports > Transaction CSV. I then filtered the SI & SC & copied them to a new spreadsheet as suggested and saved as a csv file. When I tried to import this file into the Rebuilt company I got an error report saying there were too many fields & don't know why as I don't think I changed anything. Should I re-number the Audit Trail column as these are no longer consecutive? Is there a report I can save as a csv file that would just give me code 4000 and then import that?

If only I can enter the customers invoices it will save many hours work but I am beginning to think I won’t achieve it. Thank you again.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Jul 2013, 15:18

I suspect that excel broke things when you edited the file.

The modern versions let you import from excel which avoids the isse.

If you reopen the file in excel, you will, I expect find a row (or more) with an extra field in it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

suffolk lady
User
User

Post by suffolk lady » 10 Jul 2013, 15:36

I also have version 15 so I might try the excerise in that. Do you think that is my only chance? I stopped buying the latest version after 2010. Thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Jul 2013, 15:43

V15 will not help.

You just need to get the data straight and it should import fine.

when it fails it should give you a line number for the failure.

Open the file up in excel, go to that row and hopefully you should find the issue.

If all else fails you could always hire me to do it for you!