Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

sage instant accounting - updating from existing company

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
chixbabe

sage instant accounting - updating from existing company

Post by chixbabe » 08 Feb 2007, 21:35

Hi there
I have just purchased sage instant accounting as my bookkeeper is retiring and i'm going to do my own accounts. She has given me a floppy disc with the last back up she made of sage line 50. I want to import this data on to my computer.
As I have not installed the instant accounts package yet, how do i go about transferring the old data from line 50 into the instant accounts package on my computer. Do I have to set the company up from scratch or is there an easier solution? Any help would be great - I have been reading the manuals but there doesn't seem to be any info on transferring data from an old system on to a new system on a new p.c!
Thanks for your help!!

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 14 Feb 2007, 14:04

You need to setup a company, but don't bother filling anything in as it will all be overwritten when you restore your existing backup.

Put the CD in
Follow the instructions, just put the minimum in and choose any start date.

Once you are in, go to file, chose the restore option and navigate to the backup you have on the floppy disk and restore it.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.