Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

2011 Bank Reconcile,... doesn't ?

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Flying Firkin
User
User
Sage Version: v2018 24 UK/Europe/Africa

2011 Bank Reconcile,... doesn't ?

Post by Flying Firkin » 08 Sep 2012, 11:37

I'm using a networked Sage 50 2011 V.17.0.15.208 on Windows XP (I think it is a 32 bit system)

I have recently had to have a clean restore done across the system and now the Bank Reconcile only works on one machine. (There is one server and two client machines). Im confuddled.

I can log on to that one (client) machine as different users and reconcile, but it I try to reconcile on another machine (including the server) none of the users work. Absolutely nothing happens. No egg timer, no freeze-up, nothing ?!?!

I have tried re-booting all the machines in case there was something running in the background that I wasn't aware of but that hasn't worked

I have tried installing the Report Designer V1.3 2011(mentioned in a previous post) but that hasn't worked either.

Any ideas?
Many thanks in anticipation of a plan c,d or e

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: 2011 Bank Reconcile,... doesn't ?

Post by brucedenney » 10 Sep 2012, 11:20

I think the problem could be the PDF generation.

Can you try and export a report to PDF format and see if that works.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Flying Firkin
User
User

Post by Flying Firkin » 10 Sep 2012, 11:50

Hi Bruce, thanks for the speedy response!

We print invoices to pdf on a regular basis without issue, and I can also print reports to pdf including Bank Reports

Is it worth mentioning that we have "Create Bank Reconciliation PDF" in Bank Settings un-checked? (it was slowing the system down too much and was surplus to requirements anyway)

Regards
FF

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 10 Sep 2012, 16:17

I just noticed you sell proper Beer, :) I was at Palmers brewery last Tuesday, 200 is a nice beer although I had a vile pint in one of their pubs the night before any bad landlord can ruin a good pint. I digress.

You seem to be doing the right things.

As pdf's are working on other PC's we need to find another cause.

Can you explain what you mean by a clean restore, what did you do and what precipitated the need to do it?

Can you check that all the copies of Sage are the same version V17.0.15.208

Is there anything special/different about the one PC that does work versus the others?

I assume you tried using different users on the machines that did not work and they had the same problem, ie it is not user specific on the machines where the problem exists.

Have you re-indexed and compressed?

Have you discarded any saved reconciliation

If none of these shed any light, try a clean reinstall on the workstation following the instructions here
http://support.makingithappen.co.uk/gui ... nstall.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Flying Firkin
User
User

Post by Flying Firkin » 10 Sep 2012, 19:41

Hi again

BINGO!

The clean restore was due to a failed attempt to upgrade to version 12 in a rush - it all went horribly, horribly wrong.. but I found a wonderful forum that told me how to to a clean reinstall and then restore my backed up data .... http://support.makingithappen.co.uk/gui ... nstall.htm

:lol:

All the machines were affected so they have all been reloaded with the same version of sage (downloaded from the Sage website) and the same three updates.

However the machine that was able to reconcile without issue also had to have Sage Payroll re-installed on it (I managed to b8l;&x that up whilst trying to fix the abortive Accounts upgrade) .
So I installed Payroll onto the other pcs, then un-installed it without ever accessing it (so as not to fall foul of my Sage Payroll users licence <gulp>) and bingo! now I can reconcile in Sage Accounts - verrry bizarre.

Off for a proper beer now ;-)
Thanks for your help and advise
FF

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 11 Sep 2012, 12:28

There is some logic behind that, not a lot, but some....

There are core components that Sage uses across all its products, the "desktop" program is used by Sage50, Sage Payroll and Sage Instant, as is the report designer and the PDF tools and other bits.

I am surprised that this caused an issue with a 32 bit copy of XP, had it been Vista/win7 or 64 bit then I would half expect it.