SPEED ISSUES - Is this normal??

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
helene
User
User

SPEED ISSUES - Is this normal??

Post by helene » 11 Feb 2010, 19:42

We have 3 computers in the office. The data is kept on one and the other two have been set-up as per sage instructions to look at this data file. We are all wireless. We run XP and Sage version 13.02.17.0126.

We have issues with the speed to get into customer accounts etc in general but the real issue is the time it takes for reports to run. On the PC with the data I can run a customer daybook report, searching using transaction numbers, approx 30, and it takes about 20-25 seconds for 1 and about 1min 10 secs to do three. On the other PCs it takes about 3 mins to do 1 and anything up to 10mins to do three. Is this normal? If it isn't, can anyone suggest how I can sort it? Thank you.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: SPEED ISSUES - Is this normal??

Post by brucedenney » 17 Feb 2010, 23:40

Yes

The recommended network specification for Sage 50 is Gigabit 1000MB.

If you have a flawless wireless network you could in theory get (with the latest kit) 300MB it divided amoung the three of you

i.e. 100MB each that is one tenth of the recommendation.

Wireless networking is rarely that good, environmental factors might mean you get a tenth of what is theoretically possible .

I suspect with a network running 100 times slower than the recommendation you would experiance SEVERE issues with speed.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

helene
User
User

Post by helene » 18 Feb 2010, 11:17

Thank you. I'm not very technical but I'm taking from your reply that getting rid of wireless would give me the solution?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 19 Feb 2010, 20:00

I guess so, the point is you want GIGABIT networking because Sage 50 is a network hungry beast.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

helene
User
User

Post by helene » 19 Feb 2010, 20:14

I wired up two of the computers today and it has speeded up considerably - now taking about 40-50 seconds instead of 3 mins for the report! Thanks for your feedback.