Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage Line 50

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
allanashley

Sage Line 50

Post by allanashley » 04 Aug 2006, 13:50

Can anyone tell me how I should deal with Dividends in Sage line 50.
There seems to be no obvious nominal account for this.
I can create one but it will need to be in the correct place when I do a P&L report otherwise net profit will be wrong.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 05 Aug 2006, 09:07

You will need to create a dividends expense code near code 8000.

Then create a dividends creditor code near code 2000.

You need to check you COA to make sure these are included.

Enter the proposed dividend as a journal, debit the 8xxx code and credit the 2xxx code with the same.

As and when you make the payments, just use bank payments to the 2xxx code.

Tax code T9 on all these transactions
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.