Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Sage Line 50 Version 4.10

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
Kingers

Sage Line 50 Version 4.10

Post by Kingers » 01 Aug 2006, 16:47

I have Sage Line 50 V4.o1 and have loaded on to my new computer. I can see all off my customers and invoices etc, but when I try to print an invoice I get a message "Unable to connect to data source, check configuration". Any ideas

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 03 Aug 2006, 10:59

You are on a VERY old version and you are unsupported. (It was released when we were on Windows 3.11 and Windows 95 was new!)

However...

I expect it is an issue with the ODBC drivers, version 4 used the 16 bit drivers internally although on any modern operating system you would want 32 bit drivers.

In the installation directory you will find an ODBC folder, if you browse down into it you will find an executable called setup.exe (it might be in a subdirectory called disk 1, I can't check as I no longer have that version) you need to double click it to install it.

If you want to use ODBC you will also want to install the 32 bit drivers which are in a folder called ODBC32.

Working from meory here, so please don't shoot me if I have things a little wrong, e.g. the folder might have been called ODBC16
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.