Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Backing up data

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
philthfc
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Backing up data

Post by philthfc » 05 Sep 2016, 19:30

Evening all,

Firstly thanks for the answers to my previous posts on here, the time and effort other posters take to respond is very helpful and much appreciated.

My current query is that now we are up and running using Sage 50 Accounts, I want to create a backup file daily either first thing when I get in or last thing at night.....problem is now we have multiple users logged in I realise that the system seemingly won't allow a backup to be taken while other users are logged in?! We have a 10 user licence currently so chances are we will often have someone logged in, is there anyway on getting round this so that you can backup while users are logged in? Currently all our user accounts have full permissions, can any of the permissions be changed to stop this or does this have no effect?

Thanks in advance.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Backing up data

Post by brucedenney » 05 Sep 2016, 20:57

You could use the backup manager and scheduled them.

Personally I'm not in favour of it, because it leads to complacency and people stop reading the results and you end up with a repair bill or worse when you find you have weeks worth's of backups all with errors in them.

See
http://www.makingithappen.co.uk/sage-50 ... -guide.htm
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

philthfc
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by philthfc » 05 Sep 2016, 21:51

Thanks for the swift response and info.

Is there no way of backing up data when users are in the system? No user profile settings i can change?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by brucedenney » 06 Sep 2016, 06:06

There are no permission settings that help.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.