Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Some Guidance/Advice

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
philthfc
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Some Guidance/Advice

Post by philthfc » 18 May 2016, 19:02

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help. My work s looking to use Sage 50 (we currently have Sage 50 Account Essentials as we using it as a test) to record a part of our account receivable function and I am investigating how we could use the package to meet our current needs and requirements.

In the main it is more tan capable of doing so, it easily records customers, invoices, credits and appears to be fairly easy to import data to from Excel (though I have yet to do so). However one thing I have yet to work out how best to accommodate is that we use 'Resource Account Codes' (RAC), which are basically allocated to an invoice (though n invoice can be split between two codes if it is for more than one service/product), we also then need to record a RAC against the incoming payments from customers as well. This is so that at the end of each month we can record how much money we have invoices and then received against each RAC.

I am struggling to find an easy way to accommodate this within the Sage 50 Accounts Essential package we currently have - does anyone have a good idea of how this could be done?

Apologies I have not explained this very well, please ask if I need to elaborate further. Any help or guidance anyone can give would be much appreciated.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Some Guidance/Advice

Post by brucedenney » 19 May 2016, 14:08

is a RAC the equivalent of a nominal code?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

philthfc
User
User

Post by philthfc » 21 May 2016, 08:36

Not really Nominal Code, it's just a code that invoice items and receipts need to be loaded against and reported against.

Having investigated, I am thinking of using the 'Department' section...I have seen you can change the name of this field within configuration....only issue is that although it changes the field label from Department to 'RAC' in the invoice creation screen, but in various others it is still known as 'department'....does anyone know if these are customisable anywhere?

Also, another quick question....I was hoping we would be able to load our exusting customers into the system via excel through import function, is it possible to load in all the historic transactions (old invoices, credits, receipts) for these accounts so that when we send out statements they have all the historic details....is this possible?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 May 2016, 10:14

You can import audit trail transaction for the outstanding items from your old system.

more info... http://import.makingithappen.co.uk/
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

philthfc
User
User

Post by philthfc » 21 May 2016, 18:43

Do you know where I can download the Sage 50 Import file templates. The sage help points me in the direction of the program file when they are held by default, but as I am at home I don't access to that. It says you can download them at www.sage.co.uk/pulic/help.aspx#/ - however I have searched on the site for about an hour and have found no sign of them annoyingly.

Ideally I just need these two:

Audit Trail Transaction FULL template.xls
Customer Record FULL template.xls

I can't find a link to them anywhere.

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 21 May 2016, 18:53

here you go
Login to access the files attached to this post.

philthfc
User
User

Post by philthfc » 21 May 2016, 19:04

Thank you so much.

The customer record file has downloaded fine and opens, for some reason though the audit transaction one downloads but won't open - keeps saying the file is corrupt and cannot be opened, I have tried deleting and redownloading and the same thing happens??

philthfc
User
User

Post by philthfc » 21 May 2016, 19:07

Scrub that, I disabled protected view and it has opened fine! Thanks again that is great.