Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Emailing and Posting Invoices

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Emailing and Posting Invoices

Post by brucedenney » 16 Dec 2015, 16:07

Your expressions are the wrong ones for each type
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

Tda321
User
User
Sage Version: v2015 21 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by Tda321 » 17 Dec 2015, 09:31

Sage was crashing when 'Email' was pressed and reports were being exported to customers with email addresses rather than without.

However, I figured out that this was because out mail provider was down as 'Outlook' and needed to be 'MAPI' for anyone else reading this who suffers the same 'SBDDesktop.exe has stopped working' issue.

I have just done out first ever successful email/post invoice run.

Thank you for your help Bruce, it's a great forum that you run here.

Tim

doinktheclown
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by doinktheclown » 18 Dec 2015, 10:07

Got it set up, thank you.

Just one thing - does the body of the emails have to be plain text? I can change it in Outlook to HTML of course, but can it be set up to be placed into Outlook as HTML rather than plain text?

Thank you

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 18 Dec 2015, 12:01

There is no option to use HTML or insert variables in the boy of the message. :-(
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

doinktheclown
User
User

Post by doinktheclown » 18 Dec 2015, 12:23

Eh well, no big issue.

Sorry to bombard you with questions but:

When sending for example an invoice to Outlook, is there a way to set the invoice number to appear in the email subject?
For example, I currently have it set as Company Name - Invoice, but is it possible to have it set to appear as Company Name - Invoice XXXXX?

Thanks for your help

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 18 Dec 2015, 13:05

Yes, you can use and expression in the Subject Field to do this the number needs converting to text with the cstring() function so something like..

COMPANY.NAME + " "+INVOICE.INVOICE_OR_CREDIT+ " No "+ CString(INVOICE.INVOICE_NUMBER)

Would result in the Company Name (as stored in settings in Settings), a space, the text for the type of invoice (ProForma,Quote,CreditNote,Invoice) then a Space then No then a Space and then the Invoice Number converted into a string.

doinktheclown
User
User

Post by doinktheclown » 18 Dec 2015, 13:21

Brilliant! Thanks very much Bruce.