Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

EC Sales Activity Report

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
laurel12
User
User
Sage Version: v2014 20 UK/Europe/Africa

EC Sales Activity Report

Post by laurel12 » 21 Apr 2015, 13:45

Hi, I am preparing my VAT return and noticed that Box 8 'Total Value of EC Sales Excluding VAT' is showing as 0.00, even though we have made EC Sales this quarter. I have run a day books report (customer invoices detailed) and this shows all my T4 sales, amounting to approx £42K. I have also run a 'Value Added Tax EC Sales List' for each month in my VAT period and the totals there add up to approx £29K.

To see what is going on, I tried running the EC Sales Activity Report for my VAT period, but it just comes up saying 'No data was returned for this report'.

Please can someone advise me?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: EC Sales Activity Report

Post by brucedenney » 21 Apr 2015, 16:44

There are quite a lot of possible causes.

Note the transaction number of some of these transactions and see if they are already flagged as being vat reconciled in the audit trail.

Are they already accounted for?

Check the dates, are they in the right date range?

Check the VAT settings for tax code T4

Settings>Configuration>Tax Codes

Edit the T4 line

It should look like this
t4.png
Login to access the files attached to this post.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

AirfilProPack
User
User
Sage Version: v2013 19 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by AirfilProPack » 28 Apr 2015, 14:22

Hey Bruce!
I'm having the opposite problem. My EC Sales report displays no transaction for the period, but VAT return correctly shows a value. It's not to much of an issue as I've reverted back to manually submitting my EC Sales report, but any suggestions?
Airfil Protective Packaging Ltd - For all your packaging needs

www.airfil.com

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Apr 2015, 14:27

Are the items on the right tax code and are the tax code properly set up?
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

AirfilProPack
User
User

Post by AirfilProPack » 28 Apr 2015, 14:48

yes tax codes are correct and set up right. all 'Manual' reports show the transactions its just the EC Sales report / wizard which appears broken and shows nothing. We've spoken with HMRC and sent the report in manually along with 'evidence' to confirm that our VAT Return is correct, it's just seem strange as we regular trade with this particular customer, and its only the last two EC Sales reports which haven't worked!

www.airfil.com

AirfilProPack
User
User

Post by AirfilProPack » 28 Apr 2015, 14:48

yes tax codes are correct and set up right. all 'Manual' reports show the transactions its just the EC Sales report / wizard which appears broken and shows nothing. We've spoken with HMRC and sent the report in manually along with 'evidence' to confirm that our VAT Return is correct, it's just seem strange as we regular trade with this particular customer, and its only the last two EC Sales reports which haven't worked!

www.airfil.com

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Apr 2015, 15:47

Are you using T4 or T22 as the tax code?

What country is the Customer set up as being in?

AirfilProPack
User
User

Post by AirfilProPack » 28 Apr 2015, 16:17

Italy & T4 I've even checked to ensure that VAT number is still registered on VIES just in case and everything is still correct / no changes from last quarter.

www.airfil.com

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Apr 2015, 21:10

Italy is set as EC Member in Countries?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 29 Apr 2015, 15:22

Have you got other EC customers that are working okay?